Denver Metro Meeting - May 7 at 1:30 p.m.

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements

Denver Metro Meeting - May 7 at 1:30 p.m.

Postby cowboyinasia » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:48 am

Greetings Bogleheads,

We just finished our most recent meeting yesterday, and welcomed a new member to the gathering. The conversations touched on a number of topics including bonds, financial advisers, mutual funds vs. ETFs, long term care, and even vacation homes in Belize! Thanks to everyone who joined and the great information shared.

The group decided that the next get-together will be Saturday, May 7th at 1:30 p.m. at the Denny's at Wadsworth and Hampden, 3580 S. Wadsworth, Lakewood, CO, 80235.

If you want to get email updates, just send your contact to denverareabogleheads@gmail.com.

In the meantime, Spring is almost here. Enjoy!
cowboyinasia

Postby cowboyinasia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that the next Denver Area Bogleheads meeting of the minds and friendly conversation is just a couple of weeks away.

At the last meeting, we did not agree a specific topic to cover this time. But you've probably noticed that when people bring actual samples of something (an analysis, excerpts from your spreadsheet, some information, etc) others are quite interested. It is not just theory, it is real.

Therefore . . . I'm suggesting that for those who are joining, try to bring something that you would like to share with others, that you think they'll find interesting and useful. This will kick of a number of varied ideas and conversations.

I will bring excerpts of some retirement planning scenarios that financial counseling and education company Ayco recently did for me (as part of my employer's benefits program).

So, think about what you know, what you have, and what you would like to share that would be interesting and useful to your local Bogleheads friends.

In the meantime . . . Happy Easter!

Brian
cowboyinasia

Postby Exige » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Would love to attend but thats my last day of my spring classes :( Hopefully I can attend the next one! I need to abuse all of you for your knowledge.
Exige

Postby cowboyinasia » Thu May 05, 2011 11:30 pm

Saturday is just around the corner, and I've heard from some people who will be there.

Just so we know how big a table is needed, if you are coming but have not raised your hand, please reply to this thread or send an email to denverareabogleheads@gmail.com.

See you soon!
cowboyinasia

Return to Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community