The first Denver Area Bogleheads meeting - today 12 February - went very well. Thanks to all who made it a success! We had a mix of backgrounds, experience levels and perspectives, and everyone came away with ideas and enthusiasm.
Next meeting is in one month's time, March 12th at 1:30 p.m. at the same location Denny's at Wadsworth and Hampden, 3580 S. Wadsworth, Lakewood, CO, 80235. (we may change location in the future, but to keep it simple will stick with this place for now.)
Future get-togethers will continue to be informal and friendly, and we identified some topics to dig into such as:
- Allocations and diversification
- Estate planning – wills, beneficiaries, gifting
- Expenses and commissions
- Fixed income - bonds, CDs, TIPS, treasuries, funds
- Information – experts, web sites, books, magazines
- Long term health care
- Retirement – preparing for, nearing, entering, enjoying
- Tax favorable accounts: IRAs, Roths, 401(k)
For the March 12th meeting, we'll spend some time on bonds and related fixed income vehicles, as well as other topics of interest and enjoyment.
If you want more information about this Bogleheads Chapter, just PM me or send an email to email@example.com
Thanks again to everyone who turned out today!
See you in March . . .