Rhode Island Chapter?

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements

Rhode Island Chapter?

Postby poulinbob » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:25 am

If anyone is interested in working to form a Rhode Island Chapter please contact me at poulinbob at aol dot com.
poulinbob

Postby Anne A » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi, I just joined Bogleheads today and looked for a Rhode Island chapter. Did you ever get one started? I am located in Providence.
Anne A

Postby Darren870 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:54 am

Anne A wrote:Hi, I just joined Bogleheads today and looked for a Rhode Island chapter. Did you ever get one started? I am located in Providence.

I am too though I move all over New England.

Right now I'm in RI though.
Darren870

Postby lemme think » Mon May 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Another inquiry for RI -- was a chapter ever started?
Last edited by lemme think on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lemme think

Postby Mel Lindauer » Mon May 10, 2010 7:01 pm

OK, you now have four Bogleheads who are interested in starting a RI chapter. All you need is one more person to express an interest and one of you to agree to be the Local Chapter Coordinator. That person doesn't have to be an investment guru; rather, the local chapter coordinator simply schedules the meetings and notifies the members of the place and time.

If you get that fifth member, whoever agrees to be the coordinator can contact me via PM with your name and e-mail address (I'd suggest a gmail or yahoo address used for just this purpose) and I'll give your group the next available Local Chapter # and add your group and contact information to the Diehards Local Chapters Map so others can find you.

Good luck in getting the fifth person so you can get the chapter going.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
Mel Lindauer

RI Chapter

Postby prodg » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm interested. I hope that there are still 4 others left in this little corner of the world.

Paul
prodg

Re: RI Chapter

Postby cpauger » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:58 pm

prodg wrote:I'm interested. I hope that there are still 4 others left in this little corner of the world.

Paul

You can count me in too.
cpauger

Postby arthurb999 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Bump, did this ever take off?
arthurb999

Postby Mel Lindauer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:05 pm

arthurb999 wrote:Bump, did this ever take off?

Still waiting for one of you Rhode Islanders to step forward and let me know via PM that you'll agree to be the Local Chapter coordinator. As I stated previously, that person doesn't have to be an investment guru; rather, the local chapter coordinator simply schedules the meetings and notifies the members of the place and time.

Anyone interested? Just PM me with your name and the e-mail address you want to use for this purpose (suggest a throw-away google or yahoo e-mail address that you[ll use specifically for this purpose since it will be public).

Someone contact me so we can get this chapter off the ground.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
Mel Lindauer

Return to Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community