"A Thanksgiving Day with Jack Bogle"

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore

"A Thanksgiving Day with Jack Bogle"

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

Thanksgiving Day has important meaning for Bogleheads. Mel Lindauer explains in this Forbes article:

A Thanksgiving Day with John Bogle

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every Boglehead!
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: "A Thanksgiving Day with Jack Bogle"

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community (Bogleheads). Consider this a community event which affects all (US) Bogleheads event and is on-topic.

The article is also in the wiki: A Thanksgiving to Remember

Happy Thanksgiving!
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Thanks for posting that nice trip down memory lane, Taylor. And thanks for your friendship over the years.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all my Boglehead friends.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
patriciamgr2

Post by patriciamgr2 »

Taylor & Mel: I'm sure I speak for many Bogleheads when I say that, in my family, we are thankful to Jack Bogle, you two, and all of the moderators, Wiki contributors & the talented forum participants who contribute their expertise to help all of us. This Forum has made a significant difference in many people's financial lives. Please accept thanks from my family! Happy Thanksgiving to All!
BostonBoy

Post by BostonBoy »

patriciamgr2 wrote:Taylor & Mel: I'm sure I speak for many Bogleheads when I say that, in my family, we are thankful to Jack Bogle, you two, and all of the moderators, Wiki contributors & the talented forum participants who contribute their expertise to help all of us. This Forum has made a significant difference in many people's financial lives. Please accept thanks from my family! Happy Thanksgiving to All!
+1

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

patriciamgr2 wrote:Taylor & Mel: I'm sure I speak for many Bogleheads when I say that, in my family, we are thankful to Jack Bogle, you two, and all of the moderators, Wiki contributors & the talented forum participants who contribute their expertise to help all of us. This Forum has made a significant difference in many people's financial lives. Please accept thanks from my family! Happy Thanksgiving to All!
Patricia:

Thank you for your kind words. It is nice people like you who have made this forum so successful (now the largest non-commercial financial forum on the internet).

Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
LynnC

Post by LynnC »

Taylor,

Happy Thanksgiving, old friend. Jack is indeed a treasure, as are you and Mel.

LynnC
cinghiale

Post by cinghiale »

Greetings to all on the forum from Italy. Here, this Thursday is just another day. But, as Americans, La Bella Signora and I are marking the day and are mindful of our immense blessings.

I cannot even begin to calculate how much the Bogleheads have contributed to our knowledge, investment savvy, and (thus) overall prosperity and success. Thank you, thank you, thank you Jack Bogle, Taylor, Mel, and all who contribute to this forum. We are truly grateful for all that led us to this community of sanity... a refuge from the storm of confusion, misinformation, and ignorance that encircles us.

Happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving Day to all.
"We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are." Anais Nin | | "Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious." George Orwell
White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor »

Happy Thanksgiving!

Am I the only one at work today?
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

EmergDoc wrote:Happy Thanksgiving!

Am I the only one at work today?
Hopefully we won't need your services today, Doc, but it's nice to know that competent people like you are on duty, just in case.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor »

Oh I'm lucky, I'll be home for dinner today!
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

LynnC wrote:Taylor,

Happy Thanksgiving, old friend. Jack is indeed a treasure, as are you and Mel.

LynnC
Hi Lynn:

So nice to see your name on a post. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mal. Do you think you guys will be joining us again anytime soon at one of our annual events?
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Thanks for the nice comments, Patricia. It's nice remarks like yours that make our work worthwhile.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

cinghiale wrote:Greetings to all on the forum from Italy. Here, this Thursday is just another day. But, as Americans, La Bella Signora and I are marking the day and are mindful of our immense blessings.

I cannot even begin to calculate how much the Bogleheads have contributed to our knowledge, investment savvy, and (thus) overall prosperity and success. Thank you, thank you, thank you Jack Bogle, Taylor, Mel, and all who contribute to this forum. We are truly grateful for all that led us to this community of sanity... a refuge from the storm of confusion, misinformation, and ignorance that encircles us.

Happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving Day to all.
Thanks for the kind words, cingiale. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving in Italy where the turkeys are much safer! :-)