Chicago Meeting #3

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
michey312

Chicago Meeting #3

Post by michey312 »

Is there interest in continuing these meetings? Please respond within this thread if you would like me to organize another.

Thinking it may be nice if someone wanted to volunteer to lead a discussion/present on a specific topic. Thoughts?
cjonblanchard

Re: Chicago Meeting #3

Post by cjonblanchard »

michey312 wrote:Is there interest in continuing these meetings? Please respond within this thread if you would like me to organize another.

Thinking it may be nice if someone wanted to volunteer to lead a discussion/present on a specific topic. Thoughts?
I'm interested in attending, but am a newbie, so am in no position to make a presentation. Doesn't look like much interest from others, though, since don't see that anyone responded till now to your post. For what it's worth, I plan to attend the Philly meeting in October.
Vanfan

Post by Vanfan »

michey312 wrote:Is there interest in continuing these meetings? Please respond within this thread if you would like me to organize another.

Thanks for creating this thread, which I didn't see until today. I'm interested though.
mlipps

Post by mlipps »

I also just saw this, and would try to make a meeting.
Alex Frakt
Founder

Post by Alex Frakt »

I'll be there if possible.
Chicago Lion

Post by Chicago Lion »

I am interested. Dates?
mudphudstud

Post by mudphudstud »

I'm down.
mickeyvee

Post by mickeyvee »

I would be interested too
Life - Can't live with it...can't live without it!
matjen

Post by matjen »

Me too if possible.
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
bhead33

Post by bhead33 »

Count me in.
rayout

Post by rayout »

I've been busy with other networking events, organizations and workload in general so I haven't been able to organize another chapter meeting but I'm definitely in if we can figure out dates/time. My company can host again if given some notice - now that the summer is here our roof top is available. We have a grill up there so brats and burgers are an option. Plenty of room - had over 100 guests over the night for our client appreciation kegger :sharebeer

Our office is a few blocks away from OTC and Union Station so it should be convenient for us surburbanites.

601 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60661

For possible discussion items we might want to go over the current bubbles the talking heads are going on about:

Bonds
China (credit/real estate)
rayout

Post by rayout »

If you are interested in attending please vote on a day/time: http://www.doodle.com/qa32ndgttghcmgax

Please fill this form here as well so I can keep the mailing list up to date and make sure we don't end up with 10 jumbo bags of chips for the pot luck: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1r7sBMt ... c/viewform

Per my previous post I can host the meeting at my company's office near the loop - 601 W Randolph Street.

I am looking for others that may be interested in hosting or organizing the next meeting. I don't work directly out of the City so it is hard for me to organize a meeting that isn't on a Friday or weekend which may not be as convenient.
bhead33

Post by bhead33 »

Responded. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Looking forward to the meeting.
suming

Post by suming »

Please count me in if the meeting is held in the weekend.
rayout

Post by rayout »

Bump. Vote for your preferred day, poll will be closing Sunday July 21st.
rayout

Post by rayout »

Based on the poll results (and my being conscripted into helping a family member move this weekend), the meeting date is set for Sunday August 4th at 6 PM.

601 W. Randolph Street
Suite 500
Chicago, IL 60661

Dial our suite # and I will buzz you in. If the weather is nice, we will be lounging on our rooftop deck, otherwise I will set up tables inside.

The potluck worked well last time so lets do the same again this time. My company will supply cups, dishes, silverware and napkins. A grill is also available if anyone wants to show off their culinary skills. I know some of you filled out the survey but I am going to have trouble sorting out who is attending and who is not now that the day is set. If you plan on attending August 4th, please fill out this updated survey so I can establish a head count in order to prepare the meeting space and to ensure we don't end up having too much overlap on potluck food (I will contact you directly if your dish is overlapping with someone else): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1r7sBMt ... c/viewform

The survey will also allow me to add your name to the mailing list if you aren't on it already.;
OnFire

Post by OnFire »

Planning on attending. Just need to get the CEO's permission. If you need a head count, count me in...
Where are all the customers yachts? | | “The most powerful force in the Universe is compound interest.” -Albert Einstein
rayout

Post by rayout »

Bumping this post since the meeting is coming up this weekend. Come one come all :happy
Vanfan

Post by Vanfan »

Yep, August 4th will be a nice sunny day.
matjen

Post by matjen »

Hope to make it. The night before is my yearly deck party that sometimes leaves me pretty rough the next day. But I will do my best.
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
mlipps

Post by mlipps »

Hi all. I was really hoping to come this month. But, my husband is starting a grad program next weekend, sort of last minute...Anyway, I want to spend some time w/him bc I think things are about to get a little nuts for us. Have fun and hopefully I can come hang out this fall!
rayout

Post by rayout »

Bump! We're on for this Sunday, August 4th at 6PM. Come one come all! If you decide to come at the last minute here's the info you'll need:

601 W. Randolph Street
Suite 500
Chicago, IL 60661

Hit 5 on the intercom and I will buzz you in. Ride the elevator to the 4th floor and go left out of the doors to the stairwell that will take you to the penthouse suite.