Charlotte, NC Chapter Meeting Saturday 6/15/2013 12 PM

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
jghassell

Charlotte, NC Chapter Meeting Saturday 6/15/2013 12 PM

Post by jghassell »

Dear Charlotte area Bogleheads: I am pleased to announce the group has voted on the time for our next meeting.

We'll meet at 12 PM on Saturday, June 15, 2013. I'll announce the venue once it's been secured--check back here.

For this first meeting, we'll have an informal conversation around investing and personal finance--bring questions and topics for group chatting! There are several new folks who have expressed interest in joining the group so I was hoping to get everyone together for a casual discussion for this "first" meeting.

At the meetup, I'd like to set up a more formal agenda (perhaps a speaker, a book club/review, or further specific topics for discussion) for the next meeting, and we can also decide the time and place there. For future meetings, we'd have that more formal agenda so members could pitch ideas, decide if there is an interest to attend specific meetings or not, and secure experts and guests.

RSVPs are appreciated but not required (please see link below to confirm your attendance). PMs are welcome as are e-mails to jhassell@gmail.com with questions, concerns, or anything else relating to the Charlotte chapter.

Thanks very much.
Last edited by jghassell on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
jghassell

Re: Charlotte, NC Chapter Meeting Saturday 6/15/2013 12 PM

Post by jghassell »

I wanted to remind all that we have our first meeting this Saturday, June 15, at 12 Noon.

PLEASE RSVP TO THIS MEETING--SEE DETAILS BELOW.

The tentative venue for this meeting is
Harper's Restaurant Pineville
11059 Carolina Place Parkway
Pineville, NC 28134
(Located at Carolina Place Mall)

I will confirm to everyone Friday evening that this is the venue based on our headcount from the RSVPs.

Can I ask that you take a moment and please RSVP?

I've set up a site to do so at http://clt-boglehead.eventbrite.com.

Just register the number of people you are bringing on that site. This will allow me to make sure Harper's has enough space. There is no cost. Also, despite what that page will say, no ticket is necessary--this is only for me to get an accurate headcount and names. The Eventbrit sitee will e-mail you confirmation but you do not need to bring anything to the meeting--just yourself.

Please do RSVP so I can get an accurate read of who will be joining us.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Jon
Topic Author
jghassell

Post by jghassell »

Hello all,
We had a great chat yesterday at the first (or re-inaugural) Charlotte Bogleheads chapter meeting. Thanks to the four others who attended.

We agreed in principle to have quarterly meetups, so it looks like the next logical time to convene is in September. I will send out a mail to all who expressed interest initially in this meeting.

Thanks again, and we welcome everyone as well.

Jon
Topic Author
jghassell

Post by jghassell »

Hello everyone, I've just sent out a request to see what dates in September work for everyone for our next Charlotte chapter meetup. If you are interested in joining us, please e-mail me at jhassell@gmail.com or send me a PM on this forum and I will send you the e-mail as well. We would welcome your presence.

Jon
artiegene

Post by artiegene »

Is this group still active?
Topic Author
jghassell

Post by jghassell »

Timely that you ask - we are organizing our next meetup, to be held either on Saturday, February 28 or Saturday, March 7. The current favorite date for most members is 2/28. If you're interested, please join our mailing list and voice your vote. Just send a message to cltboglehead-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and follow the instructions to get added.
artiegene

Post by artiegene »

Thanks jg, will do.