Eastern Iowa Diehards, Sat May 4, Coralville

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements

Eastern Iowa Diehards, Sat May 4, Coralville

Postby wmcclain » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:15 am

Greetings!

The Eastern Iowa Diehards will meet on Saturday May 4 from noon to 2PM at the Vesta restaurant in Coralville:

849 Quarry Road, Suite 100
Coralville, IA 52241
319-338-3782

See our web page for directions.

So far the agenda is lunch and general discussion. If you have any specific ideas or requests, post them here or send them to me.

We have a low-volume mailing list for meeting announcements. See the web page above to join.

Don't miss it! We're looking forward to seeing everyone again and hope for new faces as well.

-Bill
What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass. —Lord Melbourne
wmcclain

Re: Eastern Iowa Diehards, Sat May 4, Coralville

Postby wmcclain » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Agenda item: our own NAVigator will offer analysis of the classic A Random Walk Down Wall Street. He has all the editions and must know it well!

Thanks, Jerry!

-Bill
What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass. —Lord Melbourne
wmcclain

Postby enderland » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:33 pm

You know of any meetups in central/Des Moines area?
enderland

Postby wmcclain » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't, but if there are any I suspect you'll find them here in the forum.

If not: be the founder!

-Bill
wmcclain

Postby cornfed » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:17 am

Good Morning Bill, I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the Spring meeting of the Eastern Iowa Diehards See you then. Cornfed
cornfed

Postby wmcclain » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:39 am

Final reminder: our next meeting is Saturday May 4. Details are in the first post above.

We have two items on the agenda:

• Jerry will present the classic A Random Walk Down Wall Street
  • Arleigh will lead discussion on John Bogle's recent appearance on PBS Frontline, "The Retirement Gamble"

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Spring has finally arrived and this is how we celebrate it!

-Bill
wmcclain

Postby dogbo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:14 pm

enderland wrote:You know of any meetups in central/Des Moines area?

I'd be interested in this as well. I'm in Des Moines and Coralville is a bit too much of a drive (not to mention I fear there may too many hawkeyes to contend with in eastern Iowa. :wink: :P )
dogbo

Postby wmcclain » Sun May 05, 2013 8:54 am

That was a well-attended meeting, with wide-ranging and free-spirited discussion! Let's do it again.

It was great seeing everyone and meeting new people!

Next meeting will be in October. Watch this forum for details, or join our announcements email list as described in the first post above.

Regards,

-Bill
wmcclain

Postby wmcclain » Fri May 10, 2013 9:36 am

Just a note: those from the Des Moines area who can't make it to the Eastern Iowa meetings, there is an effort here to get a Central Iowa group organized: Des Moines Iowa local chapter?

Of course, everyone is welcome at our shindigs, but we understand the longer the drive the harder it is to make it.

It is my hope that someday we will have all-Iowa jamborees where we occupy a hotel and run wild with hats, horns, and water-balloons. Think about it.

-Bill
wmcclain

Return to Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community