DC Chapter Bogleheads meeting?

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
spocksynder

DC Chapter Bogleheads meeting?

Post by spocksynder »

Hello DC Bogleheads,
Is there a meeting for DC area Bogleheads on March 17? Could someone provide me information on meeting location and time? I found an older thread about the meetings, but I am not sure if the information in it is current.
bobcat2

Re: DC Chapter Bogleheads meeting?

Post by bobcat2 »

Our next meeting is scheduled for 1-3 PM, Sunday, March 17, in the back of the restaurant of the Washington Plaza Hotel, 10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington, DC. The hotel entrance is on Vermont Avenue on the northeast side of Thomas Circle. Thomas Circle is the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue, 14th Street, Vermont Avenue, and M Street in NW Washington.

Here is a link to a post with directions to the hotel.
http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtop ... s#p1276954

I am preparing two short topic presentations.

The first is on the long-term return of stocks and bonds globally since 1900.

The second has two parts. The first part is on the worth of Social Security and Medicare benefits to typical recipients. The second part is an analysis of the value of different Social Security benefit delay strategies depending on the level of real interest rates and how long you expect to receive benefits.

If you have additional topic suggestions you can post them here, or at the DC Diehards page on Yahoo.

BobK

PS - This thread should be moved to the Local Chapters section of Bogleheads.
PPS - Thanks for moving. :beer
In finance risk is defined as uncertainty that is consequential (nontrivial). | The two main methods of dealing with financial risk are the matching of assets to goals & diversifying.
BillyG

Post by BillyG »

I'm sorry I'll miss the next DC Chapter meeting this Sunday at 1pm. The good news (for me) is I'll be in Prague and Vienna!

I did register for the Big Bogle meeting in October.

Meeting details below for anyone who wants to attend on May 19.

Time: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm (GMT-05.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Location: Washington Plaza Hotel--10 Thomas Circle NW--Washington
Notes: We meet in the back part of the restaurant. See the DC Diehards thread in the local chapters subforum section of Bogleheads for more information and to make suggestions for this month's meeting.

The hotel entrance is on Vermont Avenue on the northeast side of Thomas Circle. Thomas Circle is the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue, 14th Street, Vermont Avenue, and M Street in NW Washington.

Here is a link to a post with directions to the hotel.
http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtop ... s#p1276954

Billy

PS Sorry about the double-post on top of Bobcat. I walked away from my PC for a while and by the time I posted Bobcat already had posted the meeting information in the *correct* thread.
newBoglehead2024

Post by newBoglehead2024 »

Same question. Is there a meeting today (3/17/2024)? If so, where? thanks. Victor