Next NE Ohio mtg - Apr 20

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements

Next NE Ohio mtg - Apr 20

Postby Maid of the Mist » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:06 pm

The next NE Ohio Mtg will be held on Saturday, Apr 20 at 10am at the Brecksville Library in Brecksville, OH. Three specific topics were suggested for discussion. For those who care to do a little upfront research, I listed the topics below and cited a couple Vanguard whitepapers. There are also a few very good threads in the forum on these topics.

1. Long vs Short term TIPS - Vang whitepaper https://advisors.vanguard.com/iwe/pdf/I ... omain=true

2. Vanguard's New International Bond Fund - Vang whitepaper https://advisors.vanguard.com/iwe/pdf/I ... omain=true

3. Strategies to improve one's portfolio in the time period between retiring from a job (no longer getting a significant, regular paycheck) and collecting SS and/or RMDs. This time period is usually (though not always) a period when income is lower and somewhat controllable and therefore taxes may be lower. How can one use this period to enhance their portfolio?

Our last meeting (yesterday) had some fun and interesting discussion on various topics of interest to members. The next meeting has the potential for the same.
Maid of the Mist

Re: Next NE Ohio mtg - Apr 20

Postby Boglenaut » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:56 pm

This looks like a good one, and a time I can make it. :)
Boglenaut

Postby Maid of the Mist » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:20 am

This is a reminder message about the meeting and the topics for those want to prepare/read ahead.

Hope to see you there!

Maid of the Mist
Maid of the Mist

Postby Boglenaut » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:03 am

I would like to commend myself for not showing up a week early this time.

These look like interesting topics.
Boglenaut

Postby Maid of the Mist » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 am

Just a reminder - tomorrow we will be meeting at the Brecksville library in Brecksville Ohio. Hope to see you there. We will be discussing the topics listed above as well as other interesting and relevant financial topics (and some maybe not so relevant). Meeting is at 10 am. Bring a cup of java, tea, coke, pepsi or whatever suits you. There is a Starbucks and a Heinens grocery nearby and both sell good beverages at 10 am.
Maid of the Mist

Postby CyberBob » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:09 am

Looking forward to it.

Bob
CyberBob

Return to Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community