NE Ohio 2nd meeting

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
Maid of the Mist

NE Ohio 2nd meeting

Post by Maid of the Mist »

NE Ohio - 2nd Bogleheads meeting scheduled for Aug 18 (Saturday) at 10am at Heinens on Rte 82 (same as the first meeting). We will use the 2nd floor meeting area which should be quieter. It looks like BobinBerea and JSL can most likely attend. Please respons if this is a good date and time for you.

Thanks,
zaboomafoozarg

Re: NE Ohio 2nd meeting

Post by zaboomafoozarg »

Heinen's in Strongsville?
Boglenaut

Post by Boglenaut »

This is the one she meant:

Heinen's of Brecksville
8383 Chippewa Road
Brecksville, OH 44141
Phone: (440) 740-0535
Topic Author
Maid of the Mist

Thanks Boglenaut - Brecksville is correct
sport

Post by sport »

I confess to not taking good notes at the last meeting. Have we chosen a topic(s) for this meeting? A number of possibilities were discussed, but I don't remember if we decided on anything. Thanks.

Jeff
Topic Author
Maid of the Mist

The notes I took from the meeting were as follows:
1. We would like to meet every other month - so next meeting will be in early August. Folks liked the geographic meeting location, however the specific location where the screaming kids were a small distraction was not so good. JIm and I are looking at alternate locations in that area. If you have any specific ideas - let us know. That same Heinens does have a second floor meeting area which they say is quieter. Once we get a specific location, I will send out notification to everyone.
2. The saturday AM timing seemed to work well for folks (around 10am).
3. Topics that folks were interested in talking about were: various retirement topics like rebalancing into equities (is it more difficult for retirees); social security and medicare issues; how are folks preparing for retirement or how have they prepared for retirement (and how is that working out for them); different psychology for the accumulation vs decumulation periods of life; minimizing taxes in retirement (Roth conversions); safe withdrawal rates in retirement; health insurance (my nemesis); asset allocation; is there such a thing as a good managed fund.
4. We are planning on a retirement discussion next meeting. I was thinking of getting those who wish to participate to give a short summary of their own preparation for retirement or experiences in retirement relating to the retirement topics mentioned at the meeting. For example, Jim and I are recently retired and we would summarize our preparation for that event, key items that got us there and plans going forward. We would love to hear your thoughts and ideas also.
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

Count me in :happy

Bob
Topic Author
Maid of the Mist

Good to see the response.
bobinberea

Post by bobinberea »

•The notes from the first meeting look very good to me. There are enough topics there to keep us busy a long time. •As I was one of the ones interested in discussing retirement matters, I'm happy for that to be our topic this time. I'm a few years short of retirement (God willing), so I'm interested in how others have handled the years immediately preceding and following retirement. •The time and place are fine with me. Being close to I77, I80, and I271, the location is more or less central for NE OH. I drive ≈40 minutes east from Lorain Co to get there. I would be fine with another 'central' location also.

BobinBerea
blackbirdz

Post by blackbirdz »

unfortunately i can't make it that early on that Saturday. Would have to be about noon.
Hoosier

Post by Hoosier »

I will try to make it as well.
CherylHall

Post by CherylHall »

Hello, I missed the Aug meeting due to business trip, please let me know when there is another. thanks Cheryl