Where is Jerry Lee?

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements

Where is Jerry Lee?

Postby abuss368 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Has anyone heard from forum poster Jerry Lee?

It has been a month since I have read any good DFA threads with the value and size dimensions?

Was he banned?
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + REITs
abuss368

Re: Where is Jerry Lee?

Postby LadyGeek » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:32 pm

This thread is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community forum (Bogleheads).

Status is not disclosed to protect member privacy. (Don't imply anything here.) I believe you are referring to Jerry_lee.
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Postby mickens16 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:10 am

Why would he be banned? He provided a lot of good information for many posters on this board.
mickens16

Postby sscritic » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:15 am

You can PM him and see if he responds.
sscritic

Postby joe8d » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:21 am

He provided great insight on various topics on the board and I do miss his comments.
All the Best, | Joe
joe8d

Postby Alex Frakt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:26 am

He's not banned.

He recently sent me a PM asking about deactivation since he said he was to busy to post and didn't want PMs to be ignored. I replied with a few alternate options, but he never responded. I just checked and he hasn't picked up my PM.

I imagine he will be back when he has more time.
Alex Frakt
Founder

Postby mickens16 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:29 am

I think the OP doesn't really care about Jerry_Lee's whereabouts and this was a backhanded remark.
mickens16

Postby abuss368 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:12 am

mickens16 wrote:I think the OP doesn't really care about Jerry_Lee's whereabouts and this was a backhanded remark.

Hi mickens16,

You are incorrect. I enjoyed his many DFA posts and learned a lot. He and I sent many messages back and forth. I guess I will send a private message.

Best.
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + REITs
abuss368

Postby staythecourse » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:54 am

I personally miss Jerry Lee's posts. They were well thought out and he was passionate in his beliefs. Some I agreed with and some I didn't, but they always made me think.

I personally like folks who have viewpoints DIFFERENT then the usual bogleheads mantras. It helps me realize if I actually believe in something or am just drinking the kool aid.

Hope he comes back to post.

Good luck.
...we all think we're above average investors just like we all think we're above average dressers... -Jack Bogle
staythecourse

Postby BBL » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:10 am

I personally miss Jerry Lee's posts.

Me too.

They were well thought out and he was passionate in his beliefs. Some I agreed with and some I didn't, but they always made me think.

Yup.

Whether you liked his viewpoint his intensity or his posting style [some did not] was one thing but how many epic threads was Jerry_Lee in the middle of in 2012? Quite a few. Sometimes those contentious threads delivered great info and analysis - several experts disagreeing and exhaustively defending their views was a goldmine.
To win without risk is to triumph without glory. Pierre Corneille
BBL

Postby Call_Me_Op » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Yes, J_L is a knowledgeable guy. I'm sure he'll be back.
Best regards, -Op | | "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Einstein
Call_Me_Op

Postby northstar22 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:11 pm

I was just wondering this the other day. Count me in among those that miss his comments. I feel like I learned a lot reading the threads he was involved in.
northstar22

Postby pascalwager » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:47 am

Each day I would do a BH search under his name. Didn't want to miss anything. Anyway, he left over 900 posts for further study.
pascalwager

Postby abuss368 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:39 pm

I talked with him. He is busy but will be back.
abuss368

Postby stratton » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:46 pm

...and then Buffy staked Edward. The end.
stratton

Return to Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community