Bannability Index

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
VictoriaF

Bannability Index

Post by VictoriaF »

In another thread sscritic was wondering if I've been banned. No, not yet. But I think a useful measure of one's likelihood to disappear is the Bannability Index (BI) computed by dividing the number of posted messages (seen in a poster's open message) by the number of messages that have survived (seen in searching the poster's history).

As of this message my BI is 10,875/10,644 = 1.0217.

Victoria
Inventor of the Bogleheads Secret Handshake | Winner of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)
Faith20879

Re: Bannability Index

Post by Faith20879 »

I hope your BI stays low. Eagerly looking forward to reading your travel notes.
cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath »

Does this mean your TI (tolerability index) is 10,644/10,875 = 0.97876? Not too shabby. My wife always tells me I'm intolerable, so I guess my TI = 0.0000.
The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past.
RadAudit
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'til morning

Post by RadAudit »

Delightful post!

Thanks for your contributions to the forum. Hope you're around for a long time.

You really ought to do a poll on this one. Being a competitive bunch, it ought to be interesting to see how we fit in such a distribution.

High scores would indicate we want might not want to offer too many insights in cocktail party chatter?
FI is the best revenge. LBYM. Invest the rest. Stay the course. Die anyway. - PS: The cavalry isn't coming, kids. You are on your own.
prudent

Post by prudent »

Wouldn't it be possible some posts to vanish because the entire thread was nuked, not simply one post? That shouldn't reflect badly on someone who replied.
Boglenaut

Post by Boglenaut »

Great, that's all I need... some other anonymous (well, maybe not in this case) entity keeping track of a secret score that'll impact my life. :wink:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/02/pf/cons ... index.html
Levett

Post by Levett »

Better Bannable than Banal is what I say. ;-)

Lev
Cosmo

Post by Cosmo »

How about a Lockability Index? Like for this thread?

3 2 1......
in_reality

Post by in_reality »

VictoriaF wrote:But I think a useful measure of one's likelihood to disappear is the Bannability Index (BI) computed by dividing the number of posted messages (seen in a poster's open message) by the number of messages that have survived (seen in searching the poster's history).

As of this message my BI is 10,875/10,644 = 1.0217.

Victoria
Mine is 1.02475247524752

I also have: Your warning level: [1]

I suspect the warning level will determine my fate but ...
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

I was seriously tempted to join in the fun--running through possible puns--but I think I'm going to say, instead, that we need to appreciate how much work the moderators do in the way of editing and deleting posts so that they do not have to suspend or ban the posters.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Cosmo wrote:How about a Lockability Index? Like for this thread?

3 2 1......
Locked.

Via PM, a request for clarification was received: "When a thread is removed, your post count is not reduced. Thus, the difference is not necessarily a direct reflection on your posts."
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.