Why are threads being deleted

Discussions about the forum and contents

Why are threads being deleted

Postby InvestorNewb » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Hello,

I was actively reading the thread today about someone who cashed out their $1 mil+ portfolio with plans to buy back into the market in the new year.

The thread mysteriously vanished, and it's unfortunate because it would have been interesting to see how he made out.
Current Holdings: VTI, VXUS, VNQ, VCE (largest to smallest)
InvestorNewb

Re: Why are threads being deleted

Postby livesoft » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:23 pm

There is nothing to prevent a new thread which details the end result in a few weeks. OTOH, we can all follow the stock market without a thread, so we will know the result without an update. :twisted:
This signature message sponsored by LadyGeek.
livesoft

Postby InvestorNewb » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:28 pm

It was just a fun read... which I'm sure others would agree with judging by the number of responses it had.
Current Holdings: VTI, VXUS, VNQ, VCE (largest to smallest)
InvestorNewb

Postby pennstater2005 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Where did that go :?:
pennstater2005

Postby Mudpuppy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Perhaps it was our persistent troll who started the thread? I know threads by the troll get deleted regardless of how many responses the troll garners (and a lot of responses only indicate the troll was good at trolling).
Mudpuppy

Postby LadyGeek » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi,

The thread was in violation of forum policy. It wasn't possible to edit the post content without removing its meaning, so the thread was removed. livesoft is correct, there is nothing to prevent a follow-up thread if the OP wants to disclose what happened.

Those who posted in the thread will get a "You are not authorized to read this forum." message.

If anyone has a question on what happened to a thread, or why a certain topic was locked, please PM a moderator.

Notifying the Advisory Board via PM or e-mail is the only acceptable outlet for complaints regarding Moderator action. Members do not have the right to take their appeal to the rest of the forum or to complain publicly about Moderator actions. Follow-up topics complaining of alleged ill-treatment by Moderators by the original poster, or any other member, will be deleted and may result in further administrative action. If you see such a post, please do not respond. Even if you support the Moderator's action, your post will be deleted with the rest.

(Topic locked. If there are further questions, please PM me.)
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Postby LadyGeek » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 pm

After a PM exchange, there is a new thread: Sold All My Mutual Funds and Stocks on December 20, 2012. An explanation is provided in this post.

(This topic remains locked.)
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Return to Forum Issues and Administration