For those who are self employed [Financial management software]

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Wolf

For those who are self employed [Financial management software]

Post by Wolf »

Do you use the same financial management software to track your business and personal finances?

I'm looking for a free financial planning service for a small e-commerce business. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
There are 86,400 seconds in a day. They don't carry over. They don't earn interest. Take every moment and make something positive of it.
BolderBoy

Re: For those who are self employed

Post by BolderBoy »

Wolf wrote:Do you use the same financial management software to track your business and personal finances?

I'm looking for a free financial planning service for a small e-commerce business. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
? Are you looking for the software or a service? Do it yourself or have someone do it for you?

For almost 20 years I've used Quicken to track both my sole-prop and personal finances. Before that I did it exclusively by paper/pen. I've tried gnuCash and it works as well as Quicken but is VERY geeky to use.
Saving$

Post by Saving$ »

Quicken Home & Business. Buy an older version on ebay unless you need to download transactions.
daveatca

accounting software

Post by daveatca »

I have used QuickBooks for almost 20 years.
I found that I needed "real accounting" software for our business.
terctun

Post by terctun »

Others on here have suggested Wave Accounting. Free online.

If needed, look into ZenPayroll. Automatic. Reasonable fees.
Topic Author
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

BolderBoy wrote:
Wolf wrote:Do you use the same financial management software to track your business and personal finances?

? Are you looking for the software or a service? Do it yourself or have someone do it for you?

For almost 20 years I've used Quicken to track both my sole-prop and personal finances. Before that I did it exclusively by paper/pen. I've tried gnuCash and it works as well as Quicken but is VERY geeky to use.
Thanks! And to clarify, I am looking to do it myself via software or a web app.

Quicken looks great however, I am on a mac, I prefer automatically downloadable transactions, and intuit plans to sell the brand to a third party. Taking all of that into consideration, I'm not sure it's a wise investment. Or am I overthinking it?
There are 86,400 seconds in a day. They don't carry over. They don't earn interest. Take every moment and make something positive of it.