Where does everyone stand [Portfolio holdings]

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
mule

Where does everyone stand [Portfolio holdings]

Post by mule »

This my be to personal of a question but I will ask anyway.
I was wondering if you would share what you are worth in savings? This would include all funds and investments but not net worth. Not sure how to start a poll thread if there is one available.
Thanks
vitaflo

Re: Where does everyone stand

Post by vitaflo »

JDCarpenter

Post by JDCarpenter »

DELETED (Too slow)
Our personal blog (no ads) of why we saved/invested: https://www.lisajtravels.com/
Topic Author
mule

Post by mule »

Thanks and very interesting. I'm not as wealthy as I thought I was! Thanks
obgyn65

Post by obgyn65 »

Please check the annual net worth survey.
"The two most important days in someone's life are the day that they are born and the day they discover why." -John Maxwell
red5

Post by red5 »

mule wrote:Thanks and very interesting. I'm not as wealthy as I thought I was! Thanks
I would be careful making any comparisons using the 2015 net worth poll...In fact I would be hesitant to make comparisons period. That poll is not exactly representative.
miles monroe

Post by miles monroe »

i have as much faith in the accuracy of annoymous people reporting their net worth on the internet about as much as i would if they were reporting the number of times they have sex in a week.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

mule wrote:...Not sure how to start a poll thread if there is one available...
Alex Frakt consulted with the Advisory Board, which agreed with him in his decision to disable polls, for the reasons he explains here. Even though I've personally had fun with polls, I agree with him.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
Twins Fan

Post by Twins Fan »

mule wrote:Thanks and very interesting. I'm not as wealthy as I thought I was! Thanks
Exactly why you don't ask. :wink:

Who cares where everyone else stands. Worry about what you can control....... you and your own savings/savings rate. Comparing yourself to others is not productive at all, IMO. Learn from others and ask advice all you need to see how folks got where they are. But, set your own goals and worry about your own numbers. Everyone's situation is different.
Twins Fan

Post by Twins Fan »

Also OP, you have to remember where you're asking this question. There aren't many folks that hang out here because they don't like saving money. :happy Yes, it can range from those just starting out to those that are WELL established. But, all or most have similar strategies of saving a bunch of money.

Go over to a Dave Ramsey forum or similar where most are trying to dig out of a debt hole, ask the same question, and you might feel like a king. :happy
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

Also remember there is only one person in the world who doesn't have someone ahead of them with more net worth.

And, if you want to feel better about your specific amount, plug it into one of these calculaters that compares against the world, rather than a very rich subset of the world as in the case of those here at this forum.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
SmileyFace

Post by SmileyFace »

I think what you are looking for is column H here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Answers range from $600 to $50,000,000.
Topic Author
mule

Post by mule »

DaftInvestor >>>Thanks >>> It isn't that I care what anyone else has but it is an interesting poll to see where you are compared to other. Thanks again.
itstoomuch

Post by itstoomuch »

Up right.
A bit apart from the crowd.
I am seeing a therapist to correct an troublesome muscle that prevents good posture. And when I can, on two feet.
:D
Rev012718; 4 Incm stream buckets: SS+pension; dfr'd GLWB VA & FI anntys, by time & $$ laddered; Discretionary; Rentals. LTCi. Own, not asset. Tax TBT%. Early SS. FundRatio (FR) >1.1 67/70yo
Professor Emeritus

Post by Professor Emeritus »

miles monroe wrote:i have as much faith in the accuracy of annoymous people reporting their net worth on the internet about as much as i would if they were reporting the number of times they have sex in a week.
Annie Hall

[Alvy and Annie are seeing their therapists at the same time on a split screen]
Alvy Singer's Therapist: How often do you sleep together?
Annie Hall's Therapist: Do you have sex often?
Alvy Singer: [lamenting] Hardly ever. Maybe three times a week.
Annie Hall: [annoyed] Constantly. I'd say three times a week.
Topic Author
mule

Post by mule »

LOL! I get it>
Toons

Post by Toons »

I am retired and my needs are met,,and then some :happy
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee