You can now use Vanguard 2-step verification with Quicken an

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Grasshopper

You can now use Vanguard 2-step verification with Quicken an

Post by Grasshopper »

You can now use Vanguard 2-step verification with Quicken and TurboTax. Thats it.
stan1

Re: You can now use Vanguard 2-step verification with Quicke

Post by stan1 »

Thanks, but how exactly does it integrate with Quicken? Do you enter the security code you get on your phone into a window in Quicken on the PC? Can you trust the device so you don't have to do it every time? Or does Quicken now work without needing the security code?

I did a search but didn't see any details on how this is working.
Warning: I am about 80% satisficer (accepting of good enough) and 20% maximizer
Topic Author
Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper »

I think that was the problem before Ms G received an email 2/12 saying Quicken and TT were able to somehow circumvent 2 step by downloading transaction through Quicken. I went in to Vanguard and changed my 2 step to everytime I log in, updated through Quicken and it works.
Topic Author
Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper »

Sorry I don't think I answered your question. Until now you could set up 2 step and select don't use on recognized computers. Quicken would download into your recognized computer. Now you can select ask for 2 step on every log on, and Quicken and Turbo Tax only, are allowed around the verification.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

Thanks, I just logged onto my Vanguard account for the first time in a few weeks and realized I had a secure email explaining how 2FA works, and that it wouldn't impact Quicken.
Warning: I am about 80% satisficer (accepting of good enough) and 20% maximizer