Travel Insurance: Tin Leg Insurance Co., Est. 2013?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
RooseveltG

Travel Insurance: Tin Leg Insurance Co., Est. 2013?

Post by RooseveltG »

We are purchasing travel insurance from Squaremouth and the low cost provider is a company called "Tin Leg." It has an A+ rating from Best and was started in November 2013. It appears to be part of American Modern Home Insurance Company.

I have never heard of the company and is relatively new. Have any Bogleheads had experience with this company?

Thanks in advance.

Roosevelt.
ResearchMed

Re: Travel Insurance: Tin Leg Insurance Co., Est. 2013?

Post by ResearchMed »

Go to CruiseCritic.com

and do a search for Tin Leg.

Look under the "Cruise/Travel Insurance" subtopic.

All I remember seeing are some complaints, but I was not searching for a variety of opinions, and just noticed a few posts about one episode.

RM
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

I'd suggest contacting TripInsuranceStore.com - they can sell policies of varying types, and from a variety of different insurance companies.

RM
saladdin

Post by saladdin »

ResearchMed wrote:I'd suggest contacting TripInsuranceStore.com - they can sell policies of varying types, and from a variety of different insurance companies.

RM
Thank you. Didn't know this existed.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

saladdin wrote:
ResearchMed wrote:I'd suggest contacting TripInsuranceStore.com - they can sell policies of varying types, and from a variety of different insurance companies.

RM
Thank you. Didn't know this existed.
They are one of several travel insurance brokers, and they can sell policies from several well-known travel insurance companies, including a wide variety of types of coverage.

I'd strongly suggest that you phone them, and not just read the choices on the website, although skimming through that is great as background.

They'll ask some questions to help you think through what coverage types you need, or don't need.

From what I've heard (and also our own experience), they seem to give the best personalized assistance.

RM
Topic Author
RooseveltG

Post by RooseveltG »

I passed on Tin Leg. It appears to be a company started by Squaremouth.

Thanks again for the info.

Roosevelt.