Free Tax Return Review (Second Look)

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
natureexplorer

Free Tax Return Review (Second Look)

Post by natureexplorer »

I heard about the H&R Block Second Look - a free review of your current or tax returns. Has anyone used that service?

I've been preparing my tax return using TurboTax, but I wouldn't mind a "second look", particularly due to various foreign assets and taxes and business income and expenses. I'm wondering whether it's a waste of time. I would just go and do it, but it requires printing all the forms and documents, so it is a little bit of an effort.
pshonore

Re: Free Tax Return Review (Second Look)

Post by pshonore »

natureexplorer wrote:I heard about the H&R Block Second Look - a free review of your current or tax returns. Has anyone used that service?

I've been preparing my tax return using TurboTax, but I wouldn't mind a "second look", particularly due to various foreign assets and taxes and business income and expenses. I'm wondering whether it's a waste of time. I would just go and do it, but it requires printing all the forms and documents, so it is a little bit of an effort.
I don't think its a waste of time but I seriously doubt any tax preparer (HRB or otherwise) would have the time to do "a second look" this week.
Topic Author
natureexplorer

Re: Free Tax Return Review (Second Look)

Post by natureexplorer »

pshonore wrote:
natureexplorer wrote:I heard about the H&R Block Second Look - a free review of your current or tax returns. Has anyone used that service?

I don't think its a waste of time but I seriously doubt any tax preparer (HRB or otherwise) would have the time to do "a second look" this week.
I'm not in rush. Has anyone used their free Second Look service?