Term Life Insurance Agent in California

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
slowlrnr

Term Life Insurance Agent in California

Post by slowlrnr »

Coming to Bogleheads after doing some research outside and also after working with a insurance company directly (and was a terrible experience with the agent with no followups and no updates).

I went to term4sale.com and found some term life insurance quotes and now looking for a good insurance agent who is licensed in CA and can provide excellent customer service.

Can you please provide your recommendation and why did you go with her/him?

Thank you in advance.
Optimistic

Re: Term Life Insurance Agent in California

Post by Optimistic »

Term4Sale.com should have provided you with some listings. Did you try those? Otherwise I would suggest a google search for "independent insurance agent" + your zip code.
Topic Author
slowlrnr

Post by slowlrnr »

Optimistic wrote:Term4Sale.com should have provided you with some listings. Did you try those? Otherwise I would suggest a google search for "independent insurance agent" + your zip code.
Yes, I sent them emails and one of the three suggestions responded and said that the quote shown was not available and they would like to meet in person and provide some other "options". I will try the google search as you suggest but would prefer some recommendations also.
technovelist

Post by technovelist »

I've had a pretty good experience with AIG / Matrix Direct. I'm pretty sure they have agents licensed in all states.
In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, they often differ.
Topic Author
slowlrnr

Post by slowlrnr »

technovelist wrote:I've had a pretty good experience with AIG / Matrix Direct. I'm pretty sure they have agents licensed in all states.
Sure, I will contact them directly but both the quotes are higher than what I am getting for SBLI.
zebrafish

Post by zebrafish »

I got two separate term life policies via www.3dquotes.com

They are CA based. I was happy with their service. The quotes seemed competitive.
harrychan

Post by harrychan »

I just got my term life from Transamerica via selectquote.com. It was a 3 start out of 4 experience.
This is not legal or certified financial advice but you know that already.
bbqguru

Post by bbqguru »

slowlrnr wrote:
technovelist wrote:I've had a pretty good experience with AIG / Matrix Direct. I'm pretty sure they have agents licensed in all states.
Sure, I will contact them directly but both the quotes are higher than what I am getting for SBLI.
Why not buy from SBLI direct? I've purchased two polices from them no problems whatsoever.
Topic Author
slowlrnr

Post by slowlrnr »

I got two separate term life policies via www.3dquotes.com
I have sent them a request for quote and will wait for them.
I just got my term life from Transamerica via selectquote.com. It was a 3 start out of 4 experience
I sent them a request also and will wait.
Why not buy from SBLI direct? I've purchased two polices from them no problems whatsoever.
I tried that but the agent was very lousy and I had to keep calling him for updates and get answers and which stage was insurance processing stuck in so don't want to go through that again.
mikep

Post by mikep »

I bought mine from wholesaleinsurance.net which I found on term4sale and based in CA but they are national. Overall good knowledgeable agent. Had an issue with the medical exam, was rated standard from original insurer but they were able to find me preferred plus from another. Not one mention of pushing into more expensive insurance, they stuck with term quotes and were straight forward. You may as well use an agent since you don't get cheaper without one anyways.
technovelist

Post by technovelist »

slowlrnr wrote:
In my case they are using SBLI, and the rates are pretty good compared to the ones I found elsewhere on line.
In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, they often differ.
hansp

Post by hansp »

slowlrnr,

Not sure if you are in the Bay Area, but if so, I'd recommend Stephen Roy in SF.

http://www.royinsurance.com

He's an independent agent and my wife and I used him about 7 years ago to get our term life policies. Got his name from term4sale at the time. No pressure, professional, and got us good policies and rates.