Amerisave

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills

Amerisave

Postby MattInCali » Fri May 03, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm thinking of getting pre-approval for a home loan from Amerisave. Does anyone have any experience using them? Should I go for a more established bank/lender? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
MattInCali

Re: Amerisave

Postby robertk925 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:28 pm

I finalize my refinance with Amerisave (for my primary residence in California) next week. So far it has been a relatively painless process. They have everything accessible online (uploading your financial info. and checking the status of your application) which makes it really convenient. I started my application on 4/11, so it took a little bit less than 4 weeks, and I got a really good rate (although rates have fallen slightly since I initially locked my rate). I was leary of using them based upon what I read on some other forums, but I haven't had any issues.
robertk925

Postby LadyGeek » Fri May 03, 2013 4:34 pm

This thread is now in the Personal Finance (Not Investing) forum (home loan).
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Postby Iorek » Fri May 03, 2013 5:40 pm

I've refi'd with them a few times (I appreciate the no cost option). IME, if you have adequate, easily documentable income, good LTV and good credit, the process is pretty quick and painless. They make their money on volume, so you don't get a lot of handholding (in fact you might find it hard to get calls returned sometimes) but they offer low rates and low costs and I've been happy with them.

They are a little squirrelly on rate locks-- they probably won't lock you immediately but the rates are so low that it's worked out ok for us.
Iorek

Postby fareastwarriors » Fri May 03, 2013 6:02 pm

There are mutiple threads already on Amerisave. trying searching.

But I used them before and they were fine. no problems with them
fareastwarriors

Return to Personal Finance (Not Investing)