BigMoney Jobs(high school student wants to be rich some day)

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills

Re: BigMoney Jobs(high school student wants to be rich some

Postby Paul78 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 pm

central nj wrote:Well certainly let them follow their passion, but within reason. Film school? (1 in my family--unemployed) Professional musician? (not teacher, but performance). Harder to get struck by lightning.

yep.

Most people can not pick something they love cause in many cases you will make very little money.

The key is finding a job that you like (or at least can tolerate) AND makes enough money for you to live a decent life/save for retirement.

I like my current job but I LOVE some of my hobbies/friends/family/ect.
Paul78

Postby Jack » Fri May 03, 2013 12:42 am

It's kind of sad to think of a teenager aspiring to BigMoney jobs. At that age one should be contemplating how they are going to save the world. The exercise will serve you well throughout your life.

Turn on, tune in, drop out. Spend some time living on nothing exploring the country and the world. You will never be free until you learn how to be free inside your own head.
Jack

Postby Default User BR » Fri May 03, 2013 2:03 am

BolderBoy wrote:I'm not in the physical sciences, but like to read about physics in particular. I was reading the other day that a huge step forward in fusion tech is likely in the next 10 years with fusion power reactors "likely" 20 years from now. Could put the serious Kabosh on petrochemicals...

I remember something about that when I was a grad student in Physics. That was 1982.

Brian
Default User BR

Previous

Return to Personal Finance (Not Investing)