Import 1099 From Wellstrade Brokerage Account to H&R Deluxe

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills

Import 1099 From Wellstrade Brokerage Account to H&R Deluxe

Postby wander » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:14 pm

I find trouble with importing 1099 forms from Wellsfargo Brokerage account to H&R tax prepare software. I do not have any problems with importing these forms from Vanguard and Charles Schwab. Regarding to Wellsfargo, the only option that H&R is offering is from "Wells Fargo Advantage Funds" but mine is "Wellstrade Brokerage Account". I used Turbo Tax last year and did not experience anything like this. Since I already purchased the H&R, I have no choice but to use it. I wonder if anyone is having same issue and if there 's a work-around.
wander

Re: Import 1099 From Wellstrade Brokerage Account to H&R Del

Postby livesoft » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:52 pm

Try all possible Wells Fargo entities in the list or call up your tax software folks and ask them. For TurboTax, the entity is Wells Fargo Advisors.
It's all about short-term opportunistic rebalancing due to a short-term change in one's asset allocation, uh, I mean opportunistic rebalancing, uh I mean rebalancing, uh I mean market timing.
livesoft

Postby sscritic » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:38 pm

wander wrote: if there 's a work-around.

Typing. How many trades do you have?
I have no choice but to use it.
sscritic

Postby wander » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:40 am

livesoft wrote:Try all possible Wells Fargo entities in the list or call up your tax software folks and ask them. For TurboTax, the entity is Wells Fargo Advisors.

I submitted the Wells Fargo Advisors using H&R provided link. However I don't think it's going to happen soon, so I decide to enter it manually.

sscritic wrote:Typing. How many trades do you have?

I don't trade often it's just easy to make mistake entering it manually. This is my first time with H&R just to save a few dollars but not worth the extra work.
wander

Postby CarlLazlo714 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:17 am

I had a problem importing from TD Ameritrade into H&R Block. I found the answer on the TD Ameritrade site in the instructions for Turbo Tax. May be the same issue. You do not use your normal internet login. You login with your account number and the password you use is actually the document ID for your 1099. It may be something similar with Wellstrade. From TD Ameritrade:

You will need the following information to import your TD Ameritrade tax data into tax preparation software:

Your 9-digit TD Ameritrade account number — To view your account number, go to Home > My Profile > Personal Information > Account information. Or, you can find your account number at the top of your Form 1099, which is located in the Tax Center under Your year-end tax documents.
Your 11-character document ID — To find your document ID, go to the top-right of your Form 1099.
Your 4-digit PIN — To edit your PIN, go to Home > My Profile > Personal Information > Account security.
For Gainskeeper®, enter [your 9-digit account number]@amtd for your UserID, and your 4-digit PIN as your password.

For TD Ameritrade, enter your 9-digit account number as your UserID, and your 10-digit document ID as the password. Include the dash when entering your document ID.
CarlLazlo714

Postby wander » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks all for your inputs. Below are options I read on Wells Fargo website, it seems there is no option for H&R.
Our Account Download feature lets you export account information, including balances, holdings and transactions, to Quicken® personal financial management software. You select the accounts to be downloaded, choose the time period, and click on Download to Quicken. If you prefer, you can also download account holdings and balances into Excel.

For TurboTax downloads, you can visit http://www.turbotaxonline.com or use the TurboTax desktop software to import your Wells Fargo Advisors 1099 tax information. All you will need is your Wells Fargo Advisors online Username and Password.
wander

Postby Default User BR » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:19 pm

I had trouble with WF and Taxcut as well in the past. I would just download a copy of the 1099 and copy/paste the stuff. It wasn't enough work to worry about for the most part.

Brian
Default User BR

Return to Personal Finance (Not Investing)