acegolfer wrote:1. What percentage of your net worth is in home equity (=home market value - mortgage balance)?
2. Did you payoff your mortgage?
3. If you answered yes to Q2, what was the home equity / net worth right after you paid off the mortgage?
1. 17% (Not counting future tax liability on traditional IRA/401K)
2. Never took out a mortgage.
3. 49% assuming when I paid for the house, not counting IRA/401K tax liability, and treating previous property soon to be sold in net worth but not home equity
The problem with being a Boglehead is the more time you spend on it, the worse you get. It makes for a lousy hobby.