H&R Block At Home question

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills

H&R Block At Home question

Postby aquifer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:16 am

Does anyone know if H&R Block's online tax preparation software automatically calculates AMT? Last year was the first year I filed online through them but I don't remember anything about AMT. The IRS has an online app that works but I'm wondering if Block does it for me. Thanks
aquifer

Re: H&R Block At Home question

Postby Browser » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:35 am

I have At Home for 2012 and just took a look at the program. Yes, it appears to calculate AMT. It takes you through the various income "adjustments" that you have to enter values for and then calculates the AMT.
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale
Browser

Postby SimonJester » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Yes it calculates AMT and currently at the non patched level.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
SimonJester

Postby Browser » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:54 pm

SimonJester wrote:Yes it calculates AMT and currently at the non patched level.

Yes, that's right. But there will be software updates to reflect the patched level assuming that it comes into being. The program issues clear warnings that it is not ready in final form yet. First update of Federal is due Jan 10.
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale
Browser

Return to Personal Finance (Not Investing)