Switching from All State to Kemper

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
rex

Switching from All State to Kemper

Post by rex »

Hi Folks,

I just received a quote from Kemper insurance company and the rates are 40% lower than all state. I'm wondering if there is a catch somewhere and if anyone has had any experience with this insurance company ?

thanks !
Mudpuppy

Re: Switching from All State to Kemper

Post by Mudpuppy »

It's hard to answer this question without knowing the specifics. The best advice I can give is to look very closely at the quote and compare the quoted coverage to your existing coverage to see if they are the same (or at least nearly the same).
wilpat

Post by wilpat »

rex wrote:Hi Folks,

I just received a quote from Kemper insurance company and the rates are 40% lower than all state. I'm wondering if there is a catch somewhere and if anyone has had any experience with this insurance company ?

thanks !
A couple of years ago I had a similar circumstance. I called Allstate (whom I had been with for about 40 years) and they matched the competition. I stayed with Allstate, as I have always been happy with them.
Contrary to the belief of many, profit is not a four letter word!
TT

Post by TT »

delete
Last edited by TT on Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Life Simple and Less Soft
Jerilynn

Post by Jerilynn »

rex wrote:Hi Folks,

thanks !
My good friend spent a ton of time reviewing various insurance companies and their claims histories. She choose Kemper (and if I recall, she also switched from Allstate). About a month after she got the homeowners policy she noticed a minor leak in the roof. They paid for a new roof without any hassle. She has auto with Kemper too. So far, so good.
Cordially, Jeri . . . 100% all natural asset allocation. (no supernatural methods used)
Jay69

Post by Jay69 »

We had Kemper about 8-10 years ago, had them for about 10 years. Had one nasty storm that called for a new roof some window parts etc. They were just fine to work with. They did however start the old insurace creep every year. I got some quotes from other comapanies and saved about 20%, I did give Kemper a shot to meet it or atleast get close but they did not step up to the plate.
"Out of clutter, find simplicity” Albert Einstein
Topic Author
rex

Post by rex »

Thanks all - I'll try to first negotiate a new rate with AllState as per your advise.