Nutribullet or Ninja extractor?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Dadarkar

Nutribullet or Ninja extractor?

Post by Dadarkar »

We had Nutribullet 900 which died after less than one year use. We liked the the product as we enjoyed the fruits/Veggies combination juices.
Now wondering what should be next purchase? another Nutribullet or Ninja juicer?
Cost Of Nutribullet is $100 and Ninja is $200.
Thanks
RetiredinKaty

Re: Nutribullet or Ninja extarctor?

Post by RetiredinKaty »

We are on our second NutriBullet after the first one died after about 1 year. This time around, I make sure to always keep the liquid level a half inch or so below the max fill line. Also, I only hand wash the unit. The second unit is going strong after more than a year and still looks great.
Bulldawg

Re: Nutribullet or Ninja extractor?

Post by Bulldawg »

I've used nutribullet for 1.5 years with no issues . I do not overfill .
" IN GOD WE TRUST " ( official motto of the United States )
tampaite

Post by tampaite »

Dadarkar wrote:We had Nutribullet 900 which died after less than one year use. We liked the the product as we enjoyed the fruits/Veggies combination juices.
Now wondering what should be next purchase? another Nutribullet or Ninja juicer?
Thanks
If it died within 1 year, you can call the manufacturer and get a replacement system but you may have had to have purchased it from an authorized dealer.

Call 1-866-446-6352 or email customerservice@homelandhousewares.com

Also, product warranty details on below page( search for "Product Warranty" and you should see a pop-up PDF page)

Link: NutriBullet Pro 900 Series

Jazztonight

Post by Jazztonight »

I really, really like our Nutribullet Magic Bullet unit. But it seems to have some inherent flaws they can't seem to fix--difficult to get aligned and started, leaks even though the top is on tight, etc.

We have a second unit waiting in the closet when this one truly dies, but it's not a perfect machine. That said, the blender wasn't as good as the Nutribullet.

Btw, I make a frozen banana, OJ, peanut butter, protein powder shake every day. Can't live without it!
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger." Nietzsche
surfhb

Post by surfhb »

Buy a Vitamix and be done with it. They simple don't break
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

surfhb wrote:Buy a Vitamix and be done with it. They simple don't break
Yes, get a real blender. It will work better than these underpowered gadgets.
Trader Joe

Post by Trader Joe »

Dadarkar wrote:We had Nutribullet 900 which died after less than one year use. We liked the the product as we enjoyed the fruits/Veggies combination juices.
Thanks
Both of these products are garbage. Get a real blender.
LazyNihilist

Post by LazyNihilist »

Also, check Breville Hemisphere blender. I'm pretty happy with it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DS47D5A
The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must -Thucydides
Teetlebaum

Post by Teetlebaum »

We've been using the Nutri Cups that come with the Ninja 1500W Blender. The cups worked great, but after several months of use, the big one sometimes starts to work itself loose of the motor attachment while in use, and has to be held on by hand.

This would not be an issue with the blender, which attaches differently (but we don't use it because the blender is too big for our different tastes).
Saving$

Post by Saving$ »

Can't comment on the extractor, but I have been very happy with the Ninja Blender for making smoothies. Use mine about 2x week for going on three years.
tigermilk

Post by tigermilk »

Dutch wrote:
surfhb wrote:Buy a Vitamix and be done with it. They simple don't break
Yes, get a real blender. It will work better than these underpowered gadgets.
Another thumbs up. If doing smoothies a Vitamix is the way to go. One of the best appliances we've bought. If wanting to bypass the fiber and just get extracted juice, I've got a Breville juicer (similar to JE98XL) that has been going strong for 4-5 years. But our Vitamix gets most of the use, making smoothies, hummus, soups, and peanut butter.
LiveSimple

Post by LiveSimple »

Buy a Vitamix. It will not spilt out the fiber, it will pulverize them for you.
Invest when you have the money, sell when you need the money, for real life expenses...
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

Trader Joe wrote:Both of these products are garbage. Get a real blender.
+1 on them being garbage. We got a bullet as a gift from someone else and it died within a few uses. Being an engineer, I took it apart to see why and found that the switch inside them is incredibly cheap and didn't hold up to pushing down to activate it. I bought a new toggle switch, drilled a hole in the side, hot glued it in place and soldered the leads. It has survived eight more years and two kids of making homemade baby food. It was convenient to clean up compared to other gadgets. Currently though it is in the pile to sell at the next garage sale because we mostly use a blender or food processor which have a lot more power and do better jobs.
UncleBen

Post by UncleBen »

If you use a blender enough to wear one out in a year's time AND you can afford a Vitamix, it is worth it. I am an avid smoothie drinker and have a Vitamix at home and use the Nutribullet for travel. The Nutribullet does an acceptable job but it does not get things as smooth as a Vitamix. I recently sold my old Vitamix (maybe 18 years old) for about 50% of the original purchase price. They depreciate less than cars!
TheOscarGuy

Post by TheOscarGuy »

Thanks
I suspect you might be able to get this product:

http://www.preethi.in/

They are virtually bullet proof, and go on for years with no issues.
LiveSimple

Post by LiveSimple »

TheOscarGuy wrote:
http://www.preethi.in/

They are virtually bullet proof, and go on for years with no issues.

http://gandhiappliances.com/110-volts-i ... -grinders/
Invest when you have the money, sell when you need the money, for real life expenses...
Barefootgirl

Post by Barefootgirl »

Have a Blendtec that works great - has been, for several years. This is the brand (I believe) that is used by Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Smoothie King - they are meant to last and to be used all day long.....

Love mine, definitely on par with Vitamix and I like mine better than my old Vitamix.
How many retired people does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but he takes all day.
davebo

Post by davebo »

We have a nutrininja and it works great. Small, simple to use, and easy to operate. Maybe the vitamix is a better product, but doesn't it cost like 5x as much? I don't really see what the upside is there.

Don't get a juicer though. I have a Breville as well and it's kind of a pain to clean...there are like 5 parts to it and it's just too bulky.
Hawaiishrimp

Post by Hawaiishrimp »

Nine of the above.

Buy a Vitamix and be happy. :beer
I save and invest my money, so money can make money for me, so I don't have to make money eventually.
madbrain

Post by madbrain »

I bought a Ninja ultra for $119 at Costco last year. Could not be happier.
I don't know if it will last, but if it doesn't, Costco will take it back.