Getting upgraded to Voyager Select

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
barnaclebob

Getting upgraded to Voyager Select

Post by barnaclebob »

So my accounts total has been dancing around the 500k mark for a few weeks and was over 500k at the end of the month but is now back below. Does anyone know what the actual mechanics or requirements are for getting upgraded? I haven't gotten anything in the mail or an email. All emails still come from "vanguard voyager services".

In reality it doesnt really matter because I don't trade and don't really need their financial plan but would be interested in what they told me in it.
richard

Re: Getting upgraded to Voyager Select

Post by richard »

The best course would be to call Vanguard when you are above the threshold.
toto238

Re: Getting upgraded to Voyager Select

Post by toto238 »

On a day when you have over $500k in your balances and holdings, call in and ask to be enrolled. The associate submits an application on your behalf. As long as the market doesn't crash in the following week, you should get upgraded no problemo.

If you have other assets at other institutions you can consolidate there, do that though. Because regular market fluctuations could send you under the $500k mark in the future and they downgrade people I think once a quarter.