Best nose hair trimmer (is this okay to ask?)

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Mrxyz

Best nose hair trimmer (is this okay to ask?)

Post by Mrxyz »

Hi
Is this okay to ask?? Perhaps yes, if the hair clipper are discussed then why not nose hair trimmers..........

Anyway, I have bought many different brands- though mainly cheap ones, and they break sooner than later.
Any recommendations on what is really good??
Thanks for reading and responding!!
jdb

Re: Best nose hair trimmer (is this okay to ask?)

Post by jdb »

With all due respect this is a very weird post. I suggest a little scissors could do the job. Unless of course it is a wild growth and then I look to others for suggestions.
dgdevil

Post by dgdevil »

Not weird at all. Every man should have one. I have a cheap little Panasonic, operates on 1 battery, though I see it's now discontinued. Just go with the Amazon consensus. No need to spend more than $20.
Kosmo

Post by Kosmo »

I have a Wahl beard trimmer that has multiple head attachments. One is a nose/ear hair trimmer. It does the job sufficiently. Tickles a bit. Lithium ion battery is great. I only shave about once a week, so I have to charge it maybe every other month. I would recommend this product.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

I think you are supposed to be plucking these hairs whenever you are out in the car and stopped at a stop light. At least that's what I see all the time.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
Topic Author
Mrxyz

Post by Mrxyz »

livesoft wrote:I think you are supposed to be plucking these hairs whenever you are out in the car and stopped at a stop light. At least that's what I see all the time.
LOL,
That is hilarious but true! But that will not be me!!
Kosmo wrote:I have a Wahl beard trimmer that has multiple head attachments. One is a nose/ear hair trimmer. It does the job sufficiently. Tickles a bit. Lithium ion battery is great. I only shave about once a week, so I have to charge it maybe every other month. I would recommend this product.
Any particular model number?

Thanks
Fallible

Post by Fallible »

It's definitely okay to ask this. It reminds me of the children's book by Roald Dahl, "The Twits," and Mr. Twit who was covered in facial hair, even the nose, and never, ever trimmed, let alone plucked. Yuck. And because of that, I never finished reading it. So, OP, I hope you find the best timmer - soon.

http://childrensbooks.wikia.com/wiki/File:The-twits.jpg
Last edited by Fallible on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, investing is simple. But it is not easy, for it requires discipline, patience, steadfastness, and that most uncommon of all gifts, common sense." ~Jack Bogle
arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

Mrxyz wrote:
livesoft wrote:I think you are supposed to be plucking these hairs whenever you are out in the car and stopped at a stop light. At least that's what I see all the time.
Don't mess with the Triangle of Death...Dr. Oz...and on cnbc no less!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101689663
It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. Investing is simple, but not easy. Buy, hold & rebalance low cost index funds & manage taxable events. Asking Portfolio Questions | Wiki
jdb

Post by jdb »

OK, I retract my insensitive statement that this is a weird post. But still think a small scissors should be most cost effective.
Last edited by jdb on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Mrxyz wrote:Any particular model number?
Thanks
Go to Wal-mart where there will be 5 models to choose from. They are so cheap that it really doesn't matter. Norelco, Wahl, whatever. If you don't want any questions asked, I would go with at least a week of beard growth.

I also hear that rubbing cocaine powder on noise hairs works (but this is NOT medical advice!).
Jazztonight

Post by Jazztonight »

Here is a good article on the subject, with 3 recommendations.

http://bestbeardtrimmerguide.net/best-nose-trimmers/
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger." Nietzsche
MDisciple87

Post by MDisciple87 »

I've used a few trimmers before and they all are either not powerful or break easily...you can buy a pair of nose scissors on Amazon for $10. Use them once a week and you'll be fine.
Kosmo

Post by Kosmo »

Mrxyz wrote:Any particular model number?
I do not see the model I have on their website. The closest one in terms of accessories is this: http://home.wahl.com/Products/Men%27sGr ... umIon/9818. Mine's plastic and I didn't pay nearly that much. Bought at Costco.
Frobie

Post by Frobie »

I bought this a while back.

Works okay, I guess, but I'm not overly impressed.

Disclaimer: not a professional nose hair trimmer reviewer.
FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor »

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote:Don't mess with the Triangle of Death...Dr. Oz...and on cnbc no less!

Looks like Dr. Oz's version of the Vulcan mind meld.
Have a plan, stay the course and simplify. Then ignore the noise!
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote:
Mrxyz wrote:
Don't mess with the Triangle of Death...Dr. Oz...and on cnbc no less!

But the last line of that link is
Pick the one you want.
I have the Phillips/Norelco Model QG3330 and this thread made me go trim my nose hairs. I read the other links*, too, and none of those trimmers were any different from what I just used as far as I can tell. For this model, "Clean the handle, combs and attachments under lukewarm water or with the supplied cleaning brush."

I use the same device to give my son haircuts.

*Note to reviewer: Hair grows at the same rate regardless of which hair trimmer you use.
LifeIsGood

Post by LifeIsGood »

I have this one and it works great - http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ER430K- ... e+trimmers. Also note all the positive reviews. They also offer a Panasonic model with a light that I think might be more useful than the vacuum function.
stemikger

Post by stemikger »

jdb wrote:With all due respect this is a very weird post. I suggest a little scissors could do the job. Unless of course it is a wild growth and then I look to others for suggestions.
This is not weird at all. If you are a hairy guy like myself, you have been battling this problem since your late 20s and now at 50, if I forget a day or two I can make a toupee out of what grows out of my noes and ears. And trust me not all nose trimmers are the same. I have been through more than I can count. So far, I have found Panasonic makes the best.
Choose Simplicity ~ Stay the Course!! ~ Press on Regardless!!!
dhodson

Post by dhodson »

These are a hit or miss item since they are mostly low cost with low quality control. I've used the first two ones listed in the review article and found them to be fine. Just going with most stars on amazon also works fine. These things have variable lifespans.
pennstater2005

Post by pennstater2005 »

LifeIsGood wrote:I have this one and it works great - http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ER430K- ... e+trimmers. Also note all the positive reviews. They also offer a Panasonic model with a light that I think might be more useful than the vacuum function.
I have owned this model for a couple years now. They work great and are still going strong.
“If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” – Earl Wilson
tim1999

Post by tim1999 »

I bought a cheapo electronic nose hair trimmer at a drugstore for around $10. Norelco, I believe. It sometimes gets a little finicky- have to hold the battery door shut or it won't operate. Also works well for trimming eyebrows.
likegarden

Post by likegarden »

When you use an electric nose hair trimmer you are creating a lawn in your nose. I am with livesoft, pluck them out when you stop at the red light. This way you will have only a few hairs in your nose.
cfs

Post by cfs »

One of our best.

With all due respect this is NOT a very weird post, this is one of our best!

Thanks for reading.
~ Member of the Active Retired Force since 2014 ~
FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor »

cfs wrote:One of our best.

With all due respect this is NOT a very weird post, this is one of our best!

Thanks for reading.
So says one who apparently has a nose for good posts.
Have a plan, stay the course and simplify. Then ignore the noise!
puck2005

Post by puck2005 »

dratkinson

Post by dratkinson »

Haven't seen this suggestion yet.

Warmed body wax... on the end of a popsicle stick... wait for it to harden... then one quick yank. Okay, two quick yanks.

I was joking, but after my laugh, found a search of "body wax nose hair" returned some interesting hits.
d.r.a., not dr.a. | I'm a novice investor; you are forewarned.
EnjoyIt

Post by EnjoyIt »

dratkinson wrote:Haven't seen this suggestion yet.

Warmed body wax... on the end of a popsicle stick... wait for it to harden... then one quick yank. Okay, two quick yanks.

I was joking, but after my laugh, found a search of "body wax nose hair" returned some interesting hits.
I'm cursing just thinking about the pain.
A time to EVALUATE your jitters: | viewtopic.php?p=1139732#p1139732
DJB

Post by DJB »

I have recently found hair in new places, and after lots of evaluation it seems like there is are no "professional grade" nose hair trimmers on the market. I've got capital. Anyone with gadgetry experience want to do business?
CABob

Post by CABob »

I have found that no one device did a complete and satisfactory job. I have a Norelco/Phillips trimmer with several attachments and find I use the nose trimmer, clipper, and the shaver attachments plus a scissors at times.
Like others, I have found that as I age less hair grows on my head, but, is made up for with growth from different places.
Bob
ralph124cf

Post by ralph124cf »

If your nose hair is straight, comb it straight down, and it will look like a Hitler mustache.

If your nose hair is curly, wax it and twirl it out to the sides as a normal mustache.

Ralph
hudson

Post by hudson »

I've used many, but I like this one the best; it doesn't have a long life...probably lasts a year or two.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008B6 ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by hudson on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

How many of you went and looked at your nose hairs after reading this thread?

How many of you noticed the nose hairs of others after reading this thread?
jdb

Post by jdb »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHdKt68m88A
The attached should be of interest to those of you avidly following this discussion. Clearly a scientific sampling, 76% of women turned off by hairy noses. But what does that say about the other 24%? Not going to mention the 32% apparently not turned off by smelly feet. But my take away is the huge percentage turned off by hairy backs. Obviously a potential future topic for this group. But I am not going to participate. Disclaimer: I have no equity interest in company and no plans to purchase product.
JupiterJones

Post by JupiterJones »

I just snort Nair.
"Stay on target! Stay on target!"
CABob

Post by CABob »

livesoft wrote: I also hear that rubbing cocaine powder on noise hairs works (but this is NOT medical advice!).
JupiterJones wrote:I just snort Nair.
Perhaps you two should get together and compare notes.
Bob
Aptenodytes

Post by Aptenodytes »

I love my nose-hair trimmer:
It is supposed to last a lifetime; I've had it a few years and find it far easier to use than scissors. I also find that as I age the length of time until the next need to trim shrinks.

I think you can get this at Amazon here.

If you travel with this object, expect lots of puzzled queries from TSA agents. Leave your modesty at home.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Based on the last few responses, this thread has run its course and is locked (no added value to continue). See: Forum Policy
...Note that this subforum has a much lower threshold for locking or removing posts than the financial and investing subforums.

Locked Topics

Moderators or site admins may lock a topic (set it so no more replies may be added) when a violation of posting policy has occurred. Occasionally, even if there are no overt violations of posting policy, a topic (or thread) will reach a point where the information content of the discussion has been essentially exhausted and further replies are much more likely to cause distress to the community than add anything of value.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.