What's the latest in credit card offers?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
WHL

What's the latest in credit card offers?

Post by WHL »

It's been a few months since my latest round of credit card signups, and I need a few more to add to the pile.

Current holdings:

Amex hhonors surpass (annual fee, will be cancelled before 1 year mark)
citi hhonors (no fee, will be kept indefinitely)
citi AA personal (annual fee, will be cancelled before next fee [got the fee waived this year])
citi AA business (annual fee, will be cancelled before 1 year mark)
chase united explorer (annual fee, will be cancelled before next fee [got the fee waived this year])
chase ink bold (annual fee, will be cancelled before next fee [got the fee waived this year])
chase sapphire preferred (annual fee, will not be cancelled, this is my primary card)
BoA alaska air personal (annual fee, will be cancelled before 1 year mark)

Recently cancelled (~1 year):

barclays US airways
barclays Lufthansa
Chase Southwest (should be due for reapplication soon)
don't remember the rest

Interested in:

citi aa executive (only for the 100k miles)
citi hhonors reserve (to replace the surpass for 2015)
any other cards with cash back / redeemable sign up offers of ~$400 or more

I'm not interested in ongoing 1 or 1.5 or 2.0% cash back deals as I churn cards regularly. My primary travel relationships are hilton honors, where I'm diamond, and American Airlines, where I'll soon be Executive Platinum. As such, the benefits provided by the cards (other than the mileage multiplier) don't matter. I spend a lot for business expenses and can easily meet any sign-up requirements.

Thanks!
pablolo

Re: What's the latest in credit card offers?

Post by pablolo »

chase has a limited time offer $200 back no annual fee if spend $500 in 3 months.
pablolo

Post by pablolo »

called new chase freedom card. easy money
Topic Author
WHL

Post by WHL »

pablolo wrote:chase has a limited time offer $200 back no annual fee if spend $500 in 3 months.
It gives 20,000 Chase UR points which IIRC isn't a new offer. Not bad, however. I already have around 400k in UR points...
Louis Winthorpe III

Post by Louis Winthorpe III »

I think the Barclays Arrival card still carries a signup bonus worth $440 towards travel expenses. No annual fee for one year.

I've got the Citi Exec card. 100K miles is tough to beat.

I've considered going for one of the Citi Honors cards. What are the pros and cons of the alternatives?
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Louis Winthorpe III wrote:I think the Barclays Arrival card still carries a signup bonus worth $440 towards travel expenses. No annual fee for one year.

I've got the Citi Exec card. 100K miles is tough to beat.

I've considered going for one of the Citi Honors cards. What are the pros and cons of the alternatives?

Ah...$450 annual fee for the CIti Executive Card? Can't say I see it worth that frankly.
sesq

Post by sesq »

You will need to wait 8 days between the AA Exec and Hilton Reserve apps. Though while they are handing out the AA Exec cards I would go with that and keep the surpass (I am on #3, will soon apply for #4). Even if you pay the AF on Surpass, they will prorate when you eventually cancel/downgrade.
orlandoman

Post by orlandoman »

To see what credit card offers are public & are specifically targeted to you, use http://www.cardmatch.com. Yes, they ask for the last 4#'s of your SS. Read the security & disclosures on that page for an explanation of their security & how they match offers. Check them out online & you see that they are legit & highly recommended. I know of no other source that will show you targeted offers specifically for you (if they currently exist) that you won't find by a general online search.
"Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back"
widestance

Post by widestance »

Keep signing up for new Citi Hhonors cards and stack up points.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit- ... a-122.html
Everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson