Cordless vacuum cleaners

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
sunnyday

Cordless vacuum cleaners

Post by sunnyday »

I'm thinking about picking up a cordless vacuum cleaner for quick very cleanings in the kitchen (hardwood floors) and dinette (rug). It looks like they range from $30 - $400. I'll still keep my corded Miele vacuum for larger, longer uses so I don't need anything that powerful for the cordless vacuum -- hoping I will be happy with one for ~$50. Does anyone have any experience with them and any recommendations?
davebarnes

CR says

Post by davebarnes »

Consumer Reports says: Shark Pet Perfect II SV780 $60
A nerd living in Denver
Hayden

Re: Cordless vacuum cleaners

Post by Hayden »

We bought one at the Black and Decker outlet store. It works great. Far better than the Dyson that cost a lot more.
We use our handheld vacuum all the time. It is a great invention.
Naikansha

Post by Naikansha »

I like my Black and Decker very much - very easy to clean and recharge and it's an excellent tool for keeping the car free of dirt and dust.
margered

Post by margered »

No, don't. They die, die, die. Get a small corded vac. Much more powerful. The one I have has long cord.
Saving$

Post by Saving$ »

I'm on my second vac and multiple batteries. VERY convenient.

Bought the Eureka Quick Up 2 in mid 2005 for $27. It came with 2 batteries. By 2009 it needed a replacement battery. Had one rebuilt at a battery store for about $20. Bought another battery in early 2012 also for $20. In late 2012 that battery gave way, and the beater thing on it quit working, so I bought an entire new Quick Pick up for $34, but this time it only came with one battery, which was disappointing. Now I find I again need a new battery, as the charge does not last very long.
Topic Author
sunnyday

Post by sunnyday »

Thanks for the replies. They're cheap enough so I think I'll pick one up. I would like a "stick handle" one (so that I can use it standing, but also remove the stick so I can use it in the car). I'm not sure if the ones mentioned above offer that, but I'll check Consumer Reports and Amazon for reviews.
ohiost90

Post by ohiost90 »

We have this one. Works well. I like the fact that it is both a "stick" and hand held.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_386058-73823-EL ... RRWidgetID

Down side, it wasn't "cheap" about $150.
Topic Author
sunnyday

Post by sunnyday »

Saving$ wrote:I'm on my second vac and multiple batteries. VERY convenient.

Bought the Eureka Quick Up 2 in mid 2005 for $27. It came with 2 batteries. By 2009 it needed a replacement battery. Had one rebuilt at a battery store for about $20. Bought another battery in early 2012 also for $20. In late 2012 that battery gave way, and the beater thing on it quit working, so I bought an entire new Quick Pick up for $34, but this time it only came with one battery, which was disappointing. Now I find I again need a new battery, as the charge does not last very long.
After doing some research, I think I'm going to go with the same one. I'll use it just for two small rooms or the car so I'm not too concerned about a long battery life. If the battery loses life after a few years, I won't mind buying a new one since it's so cheap.