Websites similar to Mint and Personal Capital

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Wade Garrett

Websites similar to Mint and Personal Capital

Post by Wade Garrett »

Are there any websites out there similar to Mint and Personal Capital that would allow me to track my investments without handing over my account information (passwords and such)? I'm not trying trying to start a debate about whether Mint and Personal Capital are safe and secure to use. I know their security measures are very good.

What I'm looking for is a website or software program where I could just manually enter ticker symbols for the funds I'm investing in along with the number of shares (for etfs) or $ amounts (for index funds) and track my investments that way. Obviously any time I bought/sold I would have to manually enter that information also. Does something like that exist? I'm really just interested in tracking investments performance. I can easily track my net worth with a spreadsheet and can easily track my spending in other ways.
"I'm not an inventor. I'm an improver. I see things that are wrong, and I improve them." - Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm
jacoavlu

Re: Websites similar to Mint and Personal Capital

Post by jacoavlu »

check out wikinvest, I think you can enter things manually there. Same thing at google finance I believe
user5027

Post by user5027 »

Yahoo Finance allows you to track your portfolio just as you describe.
BanditKing

Post by BanditKing »

I've enjoyed sigfig.com. I don't use any of its analysis services or anything, but as a quick dashboard for my various funds in one place, I really like it.

Mint turned me off with all the advertisements. I just want my information - i don't need 20 messages and such trying to hawk something to me.