$550 StraightTalk iPhone 5 16GB $45 Unlimited Plan

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
goru1

$550 StraightTalk iPhone 5 16GB $45 Unlimited Plan

Post by goru1 »

I currently have $45 Unlimited Plan with StraightTalk on another phone. This will be my first iPhone.

Please comment.

Thanks.

Details:

* This phone will only work with the $45 Unlimited Plan
* 30 day Unlimited Plans include 2.5 GB of high speed data per 30 day cycle. After 2.5 GB, your data speed will be reduced for the remainder of the 30 day cycle. High speed data is restored once a new 30 day service plan is redeemed at the end of the 30 day plan cycle.
* Straight Talk reserves the right to terminate your service for unauthorized or abnormal usage.
* http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdirec ... d=21723777
twocavaliers

Re: $550 StraightTalk iPhone 5 16GB $45 Unlimited Plan

Post by twocavaliers »

Why not save $150 and buy the refurbished iPhone 5?
Toons

Post by Toons »

goru1 wrote:I currently have $45 Unlimited Plan with StraightTalk on another phone. This will be my first iPhone.

Please comment.

Thanks.

Details:

* This phone will only work with the $45 Unlimited Plan
* 30 day Unlimited Plans include 2.5 GB of high speed data per 30 day cycle. After 2.5 GB, your data speed will be reduced for the remainder of the 30 day cycle. High speed data is restored once a new 30 day service plan is redeemed at the end of the 30 day plan cycle.
* Straight Talk reserves the right to terminate your service for unauthorized or abnormal usage.
* http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdirec ... d=21723777
Curious,what kind of comments are you looking for? :happy
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee
robby152

Post by robby152 »

Here is a comment: click through befrugal dot com or top cash back dot com to get 20-30% cashback! Just did this myself. It is a Verizon 3G only phone though.
BigOil

Post by BigOil »

I have this phone (32MB) and same deal on ST. 3G is OK. Uses Verizon towers and systems for the iPhone.

StraightTalk (brand) is part of TracFone, Inc. Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) which is owned by América Móvil of Mexico, controlled by Carlos Slim. If you care(some will).

Customer service is offshore and darn frustrating. Actually, customer service is a "pile of excrement"-y. Basic website based self-service is OK though.
Took several calls and hours over a few days to get ST to escalate non-functional visual voicemail to Verizon MVNO contacts, as their interface into Verizon could not reset it properly. Usual crappy English from "Rick" or "Linda" (ha)

Actually, ST/TF first told me to do go Apple store (Store did nothing but said sorry- I knew it was not the phone software before I went). I then called Apple - and eventually got escalated -- got a nice lady in Texas who was willing to send an internal eMail and try to help me get a TracFone USA contact in Miami via their National Accounts guy. I got it solved before this was needed. Apple rocks. But you pay.

No tethering. International service is possible but not seamless. It's cheap and it works. If one keeps the phone a couple years there are savings.

In contrast - when I had a company paid phone on same Verizon network (iPhone 5 LTE) data was very fast (not just good 3G), I could tether up to like 10GB, customer service was MUCH better, could foist problems on any Verizon-owned retail store & Company had negotiated unlimited data plan (not sold to the public) on LTE (with like 5,000++ phone one gets a deal...), but the cost was not mine...
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

I have had a great experience with ST with my iPhone5. Great coverage for a fair price and no contract.

I would never consider signing a contract with Verizon or ATT again. It is just an old business model. My bill is under $50 a month no matter how many calls or how much data time I use.

Just no reason not to use them. I smile every time I pass a Verizon store.