Giving away a couple of Lexmark printer cartridges

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Frobie

Giving away a couple of Lexmark printer cartridges

Post by Frobie »

This is probably a long shot, but...

I have one each of Lexmark cartridges #41 and #42 that I bought for a printer that has since gone to printer heaven.

I would hate for them to go to waste. If you have a use for them, let me know and I'll send 'em your way.

Free of charge, of course.

Jeff
I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed. --Booker T. Washington
mike143

Re: Giving away a couple of Lexmark printer cartridges

Post by mike143 »

Could throw an ad on Craigslist for a fraction of what they really cost ($20) and them give them away ($0) to the person that shows up. Use the price to keep away people that will take anything for free.
Nothing is free, someone pays...You can't spend your way to financial freedom.
tim1999

Post by tim1999 »

If you get no takers, I believe Staples knocks a couple bucks off of each new cartridge you buy for each one you "trade in,"
Topic Author
Frobie

Post by Frobie »

They are new and in the box, BTW.

I considered the Craigslist route, but I've never had anything to do with that and wanted to avoid it if I could.

Bought a laser printer based on a reccomendation in a thread here a while back, so hopefully I'm done with ink cartridges.

These things are surprisingly hard to give away. :happy
mike143

Post by mike143 »

Frobie wrote:They are new and in the box, BTW.

I considered the Craigslist route, but I've never had anything to do with that and wanted to avoid it if I could.

Bought a laser printer based on a reccomendation in a thread here a while back, so hopefully I'm done with ink cartridges.

These things are surprisingly hard to give away. :happy
Give them to a thrift store or try to returning them to Walmart, assuming they carry them.
Nothing is free, someone pays...You can't spend your way to financial freedom.
Greg17

Post by Greg17 »

mike143 wrote:Could throw an ad on Craigslist for a fraction of what they really cost ($20) and them give them away ($0) to the person that shows up. Use the price to keep away people that will take anything for free.
That is a technique I have used in the past to give things away. If you put free you get a lot of responses from undesirables that won't even use the item (at least in my experiences).
trudy

Post by trudy »

Frobie wrote:This is probably a long shot, but...

I have one each of Lexmark cartridges #41 and #42 that I bought for a printer that has since gone to printer heaven.

I would hate for them to go to waste. If you have a use for them, let me know and I'll send 'em your way.

Free of charge, of course.

Jeff
A non-profit in your local area may be able to use these. If so, they will probably list the type on the wish list on their web site. Or some have wish lists on amazon - on the amazon home page in the upper right click on wish list and search by organization name.
littlebird

Post by littlebird »

owenmcd

Post by owenmcd »

Hey Jeff,

I could really use these in my X4850, are they still available?