Need a Mesa/Gilbert, AZ area realtor...recommendations?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities

Need a Mesa/Gilbert, AZ area realtor...recommendations?

Postby Dave C. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:23 pm

My wife and I plan to retire to the Mesa/Gilbert/Chandler, AZ area within two years.....maybe 18 months. My father-in-law has a patio home/gated community in Mesa he is willing to sell to us, and we like it.
But.....we want to look around. We'll be in Mesa for two weeks this month and would greatly appreciate having a Bogleheads recommendation of a realtor or two that we could talk with and maybe see some townhouses or patio home, etc.
Prices are beginning to move in the Phonix area. If we find the right place at a good price, we might buy now and move in mid-2014.

My wife is flying down next week, and I am following her one week later. My FIL is a Minneapolis snow-bird, and after 25 years of AZ winters, this is his last season "in the Sun".

Any realtor's names would be a huge favor....we have none. 8-)
Easy does it/Live & Let Live/One day at a time. Thanks Bill.
Dave C.

Re: Need a Mesa/Gilbert, AZ area realtor...recommendations?

Postby LadyGeek » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:21 pm

This thread is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (home sales).
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Need a Mesa/Gilbert, AZ area realtor...recommendations?

Postby Browser » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 pm

If you call a a 23% price increase over the last year as "moving" then I guess you're right. The train started pulling out of the station out here a year ago, when I noticed a stream of buyers at open houses when the previous year nobody showed up and Sold signs soon appeared. The dial on the Phoenix boom and bust real estate cycle is moving back to boom. I thought about buying a foreclosure next door and unloading it after a year or so. Probably would have been a good idea but I'm too lazy to mess with this stuff. As for real estate agents, just swing a cat and you'll hit 25 or so of them.
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale
Browser

Return to Personal Consumer Issues