H&R Block Tax software running on a Mac?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities

H&R Block Tax software running on a Mac?

Postby 2quik6 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:50 pm

I have used this software for years on a Windows machine, but this year switched to a Mac. The software is avail for Mac, but wondering if it will be able to use my data file that was created last year on Windows to import at the beginning of the process? Anyone know or has done this already? I don't find anything related to this on the H&R Block site.
Rob
2quik6

Re: H&R Block Tax software running on a Mac?

Postby simplicity » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi 2quik6,

What is the file format of the data on your windows machine?

Kind regards,

Simplicity
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it. - Mae West
simplicity

Postby sscritic » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:21 pm

Easily imports your W-2, 1099 and last year's information from TurboTax® and H&R Block At Home™ software

They make no distinction between Mac and Windows. The opening screen for has this:
Start a New Return
You'll be able to import last year's data from TaxCut or TurboTax.

I guess they forgot to update the opening screen in the last two years, TaxCut now being H&R Block At Home. :)
sscritic

Postby 2quik6 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 pm

It's just a .T11 file for last year. Its not a csv or xcel type file, its not readable when opened with an editor.
I still have a spare Windows machine but would rather get the mac version if I know it will import last years info from that .t11 file.
Rob
2quik6

Postby LadyGeek » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm

This thread is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (software).
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Postby 2quik6 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 pm

I never found an answer and the help line would never answer, so I ordered and downloaded it for Mac, and it imported the previous years info entered on a Windows XP based program just fine!
Rob
2quik6

Return to Personal Consumer Issues