WSJ on Bogleheads

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
jhd

WSJ on Bogleheads

Post by jhd »

I got a PM yesterday from Shelafi Anand, a reporter with the Wall Street Journal, asking for thoughts from a "person on the street" (er, web) about declines in international markets. Here is what came of it.

http://www.wsj.com/article/SB122333746961709675.html

I'm quoted under "Not Panicking" - I guess she saw my current signature, and a post where I had mentioned that I held international funds.

Thought it might be interesting to know the connection between Bogleheads and a WSJ reporter.
chaz

Post by chaz »

Maybe this forum is read by WSJ reporters.
Chaz | | “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." Woody Allen | | http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
bozo

Post by bozo »

chaz wrote:Maybe this forum is read by WSJ reporters.
That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Bozo
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Last year, I was quoted 3 times in the WSJ. This forum is easy pickings for the journalists because if you are posting here, you are generally not afraid to talk to anybody about this stuff.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

chaz wrote:Maybe this forum is read by WSJ reporters.
Our forums have always been a good source for various magazine and newspaper journalists. In addition to the WSJ, we've had interviews with InvestmentNews, Business Week, US News & World Report, Forbes, Money, USA Today, the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Miami Herald, Investor's Business Daily and any number of other local newspapers. A number of us have also appeared on national TV as a direct result of our forum work.

So reporters definitely know we exist and that they can always come here to get something as simple as a quote or an entire story.

Regards,

Mel
brainstem

Post by brainstem »

Recently even got a private e mail from a WSJ reporter who wanted to talk to me about my postings and reaction to the market ... so yes - folks lurk and reflect on the community's mood and directions.