How to fill form 8888 (refund in I Saving) in Turbo Ta

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
FB01

How to fill form 8888 (refund in I Saving) in Turbo Ta

Post by FB01 »

Hi,

I have got some refund and would like to get the refund via I Saving Bonds. I am doing my tax via Turbo Tax Premier but I am not able to find the form in Turbo Tax.

Does anyone know how do I fill the form?

Thanks,
FB
Thanks, | FB
HueyLD

Re: How to fill form 8888 (refund in I Saving) in Turbo Ta

Post by HueyLD »

Last edited by HueyLD on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dratkinson

Post by dratkinson »

Last year (I used TaxACT), I too kept looking for a way to enter my form 8888 information. Never found a way to do it directly. Turns out TaxACT waited until the last moment---after determining I had a refund coming and my return was checked and any errors corrected---to ask how I wanted my refund.

TT may be doing the same thing. Keep working through the TT return questions. Chances are good it will give you the option to fill out the 8888 after it knows your return is correct and you have a refund coming.
d.r.a., not dr.a. | I'm a novice investor; you are forewarned.
Topic Author
FB01

Post by FB01 »

dratkinson wrote:Last year (I used TaxACT), I too kept looking for a way to enter my form 8888 information. Never found a way to do it directly. Turns out TaxACT waited until the last moment---after determining I had a refund coming and my return was checked and any errors corrected---to ask how I wanted my refund.

TT may be doing the same thing. Keep working through the TT return questions. Chances are good it will give you the option to fill out the 8888 after it knows your return is correct and you have a refund coming.

Thanks dratkinson...

That was the issue. I did the error check and after than I see the option to get the refund via I Saving bond.

Thanks again..
FB
Thanks, | FB