Asset Management Services

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.

Asset Management Services

Postby fancyrick63 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:53 pm

Question to the forum regarding Vanguards Asset Management Services; my wife and I recently retired, I am 65 she is 60, no bills, no mortgage, have reocurring revenue more then enough for monhly expenses. Would like to modesly grow portfolio to keep up with inflation portect base as much as possible. I asked vangard to work up a financial plan, which they did, came up with a conservative asset mix approach which included a 30% stock, 60% bond mix, remainder cash (as requested). During the discussion Vanguard's Asset Mangement Services came up. Was wondering if any of the members have had experience with the service and what their thoughts were whereas better to just do the recomended mix and basicly place on auto pilot adjusting annually and or place portfolio with the Asset Mangement group to actively management? Realizing this is fee based is teh extra cost worth it? Your thoughts of the pluses and minus of either would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
fancyrick63

Re: Asset Management Services

Postby Johm221122 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:07 am

If you feel it's worth extra money it probably is a good idea or you could try giving people on this site a chance to help you
viewtopic.php?t=6212
John
Johm221122

Postby Call_Me_Op » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 am

What is the fee for their management services? I would only consider it if the fee is very low.
Best regards, -Op

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Einstein
Call_Me_Op

Postby dickenjb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:31 am

I don't think the extra fees are worth it. Why not put everything in LS Income and forget about it?
Philly Chapter Coordinator
dickenjb

Return to Investing - Theory, News & General