TLH fund/ etf pairs

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
rex

TLH fund/ etf pairs

Post by rex »

After quite a bit of deliberation, I've come to the conclusion that dollar cost averaging by letting available money sit in a money market account is not what I want - and would go for the lump sum approach when extra money is available. If the fund/etf I buy falls in price by more than 10%, i'll switch to a similar fund / etf and reduce my taxable income. I came up with the following initial list of TLH pairs - please feel free to comment/ add to the list.

VEA <--> VEU

VTI <--> VOO

VWO <--> EEM

VGK <--> ??

TGEIX <--> FNMIX (yes, I like emerging markets bond !)

Any more pairs that you guys have found useful ?

Thanks!
FireProof

Re: TLH fund/ etf pairs

Post by FireProof »

IEMG is a lot better than EEM

VONE is another large cap option that is slightly broader.

And the Schwab ETFs are another low cost alternative

VEA -> SCHF
VWO -> SCHE

I don't think there's a good option for VGK, but I'm not sure why you're holding that unless you are trying to market time.
Topic Author
rex

Re: TLH fund/ etf pairs

Post by rex »

FireProof wrote:IEMG is a lot better than EEM

VONE is another large cap option that is slightly broader.

And the Schwab ETFs are another low cost alternative

VEA -> SCHF
VWO -> SCHE

I don't think there's a good option for VGK, but I'm not sure why you're holding that unless you are trying to market time.

Thanks ! Yeah - believe that the European assets are undervalued now and will revert back to the mean in the next 5-10 years. It' a large economy taken together and has to come around sooner or later.