Taylor

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Dan-Fl

Taylor

Post by Dan-Fl »

Morning Taylor,
We received your email thru Mel last evening at the event. I and all in the room I believe are sorry about your problem and that we will not see you this year at the event. I am happy you are following advise given and am sure that the good prognosis will occur.
I look forward to seeing you next year and always enjoy your comments here on a regular basis.
Good luck on your recovery or may the monitoring be easy and good news to follow.
We will miss you and your Wife.
Dan-Fl
Taylor Larimore

My message to the Bogleheads

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Hi Dan:

Thank you for your post from the Boglehead 9 Reunion. This was the message I asked Mel to read:
Dear Bogleheads:

Pat and I have been eagerly looking forward to attending our ninth Boglehead Reunion with Jack and each of you who mean so much to us.

Unfortunately, I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and the doctor has advised me to stay close to home. For this reason, Pat and I will be unable to join you at this Bogleheads 9 reunion.

We envy your extraordinary opportunity to learn from the investing experts you will meet--especially our friend and mentor, Jack Bogle, the conscience of the industry.

Best wishes for a great reunion.

Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
ObliviousInvestor

Post by ObliviousInvestor »

Oh my gracious. I'm very sorry to hear that.

You'll be in my family's thoughts, Taylor.
Mike Piper | Roth is a name, not an acronym. If you type ROTH, you're just yelling about retirement accounts.
caaaad

Thinking about you

Post by caaaad »

Just want to wish you well in this challenge. You are a God send and I know you will whip this. Thanks for everything you do.
MDOmnis

Oh no!

Post by MDOmnis »

My heart just sank a little. I've never met you, but I've always enjoyed your posts and your willingness to help complete strangers without any compensation. If there's anyone that deserves to kick cancer in the butt, it is you. Best wishes.
-Matt
camper

Post by camper »

Taylor, good luck on your journey to recovery. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.
DriftingDudeSC

Post by DriftingDudeSC »

God's blessing on you.......
RJB

Post by RJB »

Hi Taylor,

Best wishes to you and yours.

Roy
rustymutt

Post by rustymutt »

Best of wishes on your fight with this Taylor. May God speed your full recovery.
Even educators need education. And some can be hard headed to the point of needing time out.
Indices

Post by Indices »

My thoughts are with you Taylor. Your posts are some of the most helpful and sensible on this forum.
NAVigator

Post by NAVigator »

Taylor, you are added to my thoughts and prayers for a successful outcome. Best wishes to you as you handle this challenge.

Jerry
"I was born with nothing and I have most of it left."
foxfirev5

Post by foxfirev5 »

Taylor, we wish you well and send our prayers
ryuns

Post by ryuns »

All the love and thoughts and prayers from the Boglehead collective to you.

I've not met you, but your sense of selfless, civility, and grace comes through in all your interactions with us.

Best wishes,
Ryan
An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered. -- GK Chesterton
Quasimodo

Post by Quasimodo »

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Taylor.

John
Many wealthy people are little more than janitors of their possessions. | | Frank Lloyd Wright, architect (1867-1959)
BachemFan

Taylor

Post by BachemFan »

Taylor:

All our best wishes and prayers to you and your wife. Amid the cacophony you are my source of calm, amid the babbling you are the voice of experience and wisdom, and amid the occasional incivility you are a model of respect for others.
JupiterJones

Post by JupiterJones »

Best wishes being sent your way, Taylor!

JJ
tfb

Post by tfb »

Taylor,

Best wishes for beating it and thank you for what you are doing for Bogleheads and the investing public.
Harry Sit has left the forums.
Sunny Sarkar

Post by Sunny Sarkar »

Hi Taylor,

To many of us younger Bogleheads, you have held our hands throughout our investment lifetimes and continue to do so. We learn from you not only how to invest, but also what it really means to be a good man. You are a father figure we look up to. All our sunken hearts are sincerely pulling for you, and we know, being the champion you are, you are coming out of this in flying colors. Looking forward to meet you many more times for many many more years.

Best wishes,
Sunny
stemikger

Good Luck Taylor

Post by stemikger »

Good Luck Taylor. I know two people who had prostate cancer and are now both doing fine. You will do great. You will be in my prayers.
DTSC

Post by DTSC »

Good luck, Taylor. You're in my thoughts. May your PSA be inversely related to the stock market!
iranutmeg

Post by iranutmeg »

Taylor:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

Sincerely,

PJ
MariaT

Post by MariaT »

Hi Taylor:

I have not had the priviledge of meeting you but have learned a lot from your advice. Good luck to a speedy recovery and keep the faith.

All the best,
Maria
Lee Saage

Post by Lee Saage »

All the best Taylor. As my doctor told me, many more men die with prostate cancer than die from prostate cancer.
DLS724

Post by DLS724 »

Blessings for a speedy and complete recovery. You are in my prayers.

DLS
JD

Post by JD »

Prayers and thoughts sent out your way. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Noobvestor

Post by Noobvestor »

Just adding my thanks and best wished to the mix! Gute Besserung!
mudfud

Post by mudfud »

Sunny Sarkar wrote:We learn from you not only how to invest, but also what it really means to be a good man.
I couldn't put it any better than Sunny.

Taylor--Wishing you and your family the very best.
"Are you sure you have tested an a priori hypothesis?" | | Image
MWCA

Post by MWCA »

Good luck and best wishes Taylor.
We are all worms. But I believe that I am a glow-worm.
Gabriella

Post by Gabriella »

Taylor, you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Gabriella
imaginethat

Post by imaginethat »

I go to this site every morning first thing looking specifically for Taylor's posts.

Taylor, get well soon.
bpp

Post by bpp »

Best wishes, Taylor.
cinghiale

Post by cinghiale »

Taylor,
Long ago, you were kind enough to take the time and send me a note of encouragement when I first started posting on this board. I have always remembered your kind and generous spirit as you have shared your thoughts and experiences with those of us who do not have the same number of years or depth of perspective as you.

Its time for me to respond in kind.

I'm not a physician, but I have a small advantage to having been married to one for a long, long time. Prostate cancer isn't one of the truly "nasty" ones. Many men who are diagnosed with prostate cancer after the age of 70 end up dying with it rather than from it. Be careful with aggressive surgeons who want to jump in and offer an "instant" cure. Diet can stay its progress. "Watchful waiting" is a legitimate strategy.

My motive is simple: I want you around for many years to come.
"We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are." Anais Nin | | "Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious." George Orwell
CrossOverGuy

Post by CrossOverGuy »

Dear Taylor,

I've always appreciated your advice and the truly caring and sharing nature of your postings.

I wish you a speedy return to the best of health. Remember there are a number of different options to deal with regarding prostate cancer. Be sure to talk to your doctor and get other opinions. One's age has a great bearing, as I believe the cancer grows quite slowly in older gents. Be as diligent in your research as you have with your financials and you will be fine! All the best to you!
Blue

Post by Blue »

A heartfelt prayer for you and your family this evening. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
pk3642

Post by pk3642 »

Taylor -
As a newcomer to the Bogleheads site I have been impressed with your informative postings and the time and effort it must take for you to be so helpful to others. I'm sure your thoughtfulness has enabled many (such as me) to better understand the investing process.

May you be blessed with a speedy recovery and a quick return to all your normal activities.

Patti K
Beagler

Post by Beagler »

Best wishes for a rapid recovery.
“The only place where success come before work is in the dictionary.” Abraham Lincoln. This post does not provide advice for specific individual situations and should not be construed as doing so.
mkatz

Post by mkatz »

I have to add to the growing list my best wishes. I'm one of many who have "lurked" and learned by looking over your shoulder. [/u]
fillol

Best Wishes Taylor

Post by fillol »

You've been a great help to me with so many of your suggestions. I greatly appreciate your timely replies to financial inquiries that I have posted on Diehards. In most cases I have followed your advice and I have done very well by doing so. I wish you all the best in dealing with this latest challenge.

Fillol
Bulldawg

Post by Bulldawg »

Taylor,

I know this is just one of many battles you've experienced during your lifetime...keep fighting and praying and know many Boglehead prayers will be sent up on your behalf. God Bless you and your wife .
" IN GOD WE TRUST " ( official motto of the United States )
RoadTrip!

All best wishes for a speedy recovery, Taylor.

Post by RoadTrip! »

So, Taylor, you've been down this road before, taken your lumps and emerged victorious. May it be so, and speedily, with this bout. I believe your essential goodness, with all the other attributes that implies, boosts your ability to beat the Big C. Best wishes to you and Pat and family as you team up to spit in the eye of this latest challenge. Your strength and confidence and calm authority, so valuable to all of us who visit here, will serve you well and the sincere good wishes of all of us are behind you 1000%. Best regards, Beth
S&L1940

Post by S&L1940 »

good luck, good outcomes

be well
Don't it always seem to go * That you don't know what you've got * Till it's gone
highercall

Post by highercall »

Taylor, this is my first posting. I have been a lurker for a long time and your encouragement and wisdom through the years have greatly benefited more people than you know. Praying that the Lord will grant you healing and good health. Thanks for all you do to help others with your financial wisdom.
wintermute

Post by wintermute »

Keep your spirits up! If you apply the same determination as you have to investing, you'll have a big edge up on it.
venard5

Post by venard5 »

Taylor,

All the best to you and your family. You have the entire Boglehead world behind you.

Bill
MIGIHIDARI

Post by MIGIHIDARI »

Taylor,

You have helped me and so many others through out the years. I have followed your advice & posts for almost 10 years and benefitted. You are indeed a father figure to many of us as Sunny said. Wishing you a full recovery. May God give you strength to come out of this healthy.

MH
White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor »

I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis and wish you the best of luck.
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course
second-guesser

Post by second-guesser »

I am one of the lucky ones who has met Taylor. He is a true gentleman , as gracious in person as he is on the forum. Taylor , my thoughts are with you , and I hope you are able to resolve your prostate issue quickly .
S-G
Last edited by second-guesser on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MekongTrader

Post by MekongTrader »

Taylor,
I wish you best of luck and a speedy recovery. Your wisdom and guidance you bring to this forum are unmatched and 'Staying the Course' matters more than ever now.

MekongTrader
Stickman

Post by Stickman »

Taylor,
We have not met, but I am inspired by you, admire you and wish you well!
VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF »

Taylor,

We missed you. Please get well soon!

Best wishes,

Victoria
Inventor of the Bogleheads Secret Handshake | Winner of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)