Selling a taxable fund for a Vanguard.....?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
nafreed

Selling a taxable fund for a Vanguard.....?

Post by nafreed »

I currently own shares of Dodge and Cox balanced fund. From all that I have read and seen, it is a pretty good fund. But I think I can do better protecting myself from the dividends and capital gains that arise which comes with investing in a balanced fund. Because D&C Balanced is now closed, I did not want to liquidate completely, but was thinking about selling 1/2 and start moving toward a Vanguard index-type of tax efficient fund. I am looking for a smart long term investment.

Any thoughts on this? If anyone could recommend a fund that would be great too.

Thanks!!
Laura

Good Idea

Post by Laura »

nafreed,

It is a good idea to move toward a more tax efficient portfolio. However, it is not possible for us to answer your question about which fund to use as a replacement without knowing what other holdings you have in your entire portfolio and what you have as a desired asset allocation. If you want to post this information we can provide you with some specific suggestions.

Laura
The views presented are my own and not necessarily those of the Department of State or the U.S. Government.