Fidelity asset levels question

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
am

Fidelity asset levels question

Post by am »

Does Fidelity have tiers of investment assets like Vanguard (voyager, flagship etc)? What are the perks if any? I could not find anything on their site.
David Jay

Re: Fidelity asset levels question

Post by David Jay »

It's not an engineering problem - Hersh Shefrin | To get the "risk premium", you really do have to take the risk - nisiprius
Topic Author
am

Post by am »

Thanks but I was asking about Fidelity.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

They do have a "private client group" for households with a million with them. Here is the web page:
https://www.fidelity.com/wealth-managem ... ient-group
Here is an excerpt:
Fidelity’s lowest pricing
No-annual-fee online trading, (Hmm, does this mean no fees for stocks and mutual funds? Unclear from the site)
5 competitive margin rates,6 and waivers of certain fees.

Access to advanced trading tools
Download software like Active Trader Pro® to help you trade faster, better, and smarter.

Expedited resolutions of any service issues you may have
Your account team is ready to help you with all of your transactions and service questions.

Exclusive invitations
Participate in a range of complimentary events, including special meetings with portfolio managers, conference calls with market strategists, and forums with nationally known financial experts.
There is also a "premium client group" for 250k. Clicking on the links from that website takes you to many of the same links for the private client page.

So I don't know exactly what this means as far as getting any free trades or decreased prices on mutual fund purchases etc. (looks like I see a free turbotax mentioned on the net). There used to be cheaper morningstar subscription, and I think I read about being able to buy certain institutional class shares of certain funds. Hard to really pin down the perks. ? fidelity amex fees waived? saw this mentioned somewhere, but old post.

Mike
DA200

Post by DA200 »

If you look in the wealth management section of Fido website you will see Fidelity Premium Services" The footnote (pasted below) describes the requirements of $250K for a dedicated representative. Be warned that you might get some pressure to purchase a VA when talking with your "free" representative.

Fidelity Premium ServicesSM
If you have a larger, more complex portfolio, Fidelity Premium ServicesSM offers dedicated representatives to help you optimize your investing plan.
Get the personalized service you deserve.
Experienced professionals will work with you to build and help you manage your plan while providing overall guidance regarding your portfolio.
Manage your assets
Supporting your financial consultant is a team of associates available to help you with all of your transactions and to answer your questions about trading, fixed income, annuities, account management, service requests, or using Fidelity.com.
Choose your level of investment guidance
You can manage your portfolio on your own, work with Fidelity’s professionals to receive guidance, or have Fidelity manage your money for you.
Questions?
Call a Fidelity Premium Services representative
800-544-4442
1. Fidelity Premium Services is generally available to investors whose eligible retail household relationship assets are at least $250,000. Eligible Fidelity retail accounts generally include those maintained by Fidelity Brokerage Services, or which are held in Portfolio Advisory Services accounts (excluding assets maintained through Fidelity recordkept retirement savings plans, such as 401(k) or 403(b) assets). Household relationship assets will be determined by aggregating the assets of eligible retail accounts held by the investor and their immediate family members who reside at the same address. Qualification criteria (e.g., asset level) for Fidelity Premium Services are subject to periodic review by Fidelity and may change at any time. Fidelity reserves the right to discontinue membership in any program or reassign clients, without prior notification, to the appropriate program tier if clients fail to continue to meet the applicable qualification criteria. Fidelity reserves the right to amend or cancel selected features and benefits at any time without prior notification. In addition, ongoing access by any particular customer to individual products and services is subject to periodic review and may be restricted based upon criteria established by Fidelity. Fidelity does not guarantee any level of service.
dbr

Post by dbr »

It is not necessarily a benefit to have your wealth called to the attention of the sales force at a broker.
Topic Author
am

Post by am »

Yes I will stick with VAnguard. Was thinking of transferring IRA assets there where 401k is to do backdoor Roths. Probably not worth it at this time.
penumbra

Post by penumbra »

I am a Private Client at Fidelity. The list above gives a good idea of what you get. Trades are $5.95, for everyone in your household, including my kids own accounts. Have a local contact who has been unbelievably helpful in reviewing accounts, arranging meetings with Fidelity attorneys to give suggestions on estate planning (no extra charge), facilitating transactions within Fidelity, etc. I don't buy any of their proprietary funds or products, don't get the wrong idea. But their customer service is peerless. I have accounts at Merrill Edge, vanguard, Wells Fargo, TDA currently as well.. Truly Fidelity is the best at everything, but others have scattered advantages.