One milestone achieved, 2 commas

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
dekecarver

One milestone achieved, 2 commas

Post by dekecarver »

Hi all,
Another poster recently acknowledged hitting a milestone with help from this board. I didn't want to jump on his thread but also wanted to say thanks to the posters on this board for helping me get there as well. I'm not one to run numbers often (maybe once a year) but did so the other night and whatta you know, one milestone achieved. A true testament of what saving and discipline will do for you if you have the ambition and desire to follow through. Like the OP, it's not something I'd really share with others but want to express my appreciation to this board. The generosity and quality of feedback etc.. is simply amazing. Thanks to all.

Now I just gotta get some things cleaned up and gear up for the next mark.
prudent

Re: One milestone achieved, 2 commas

Post by prudent »

Congrats on your milestone! Great way to start a new year. Did you even imagine getting to that point when you started out?
FedGuy

Post by FedGuy »

Congratulations!

So, what's your next goal?
Topic Author
dekecarver

Post by dekecarver »

To answer the two questions: As far as getting here I kinda knew it would happen if my wife and I just stuck with it. We are not high earners compared to others but have always LBM. Never had a problem saving money, spending on the other hand takes me a while. I don't go without what I need. Next milestone, gonna shoot for another.
vv

Post by vv »

dekecarver wrote:Hi all,
Another poster recently acknowledged hitting a milestone with help from this board. I didn't want to jump on his thread but also wanted to say thanks to the posters on this board for helping me get there as well. I'm not one to run numbers often (maybe once a year) but did so the other night and whatta you know, one milestone achieved. A true testament of what saving and discipline will do for you if you have the ambition and desire to follow through. Like the OP, it's not something I'd really share with others but want to express my appreciation to this board. The generosity and quality of feedback etc.. is simply amazing. Thanks to all.

Now I just gotta get some things cleaned up and gear up for the next mark.
Well congratulations to you too! Feels good, no? I've been waiting for the day I could say this... Welcome to the club :)