Changes to 401k target funds, BlackRock

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Silverado

Changes to 401k target funds, BlackRock

Post by Silverado »

Making it hard to do what I want, which is to pay no attention to the 401k, just set and forget. Wife and I both use the target dates, as I like having the bonds gradually increase, giving us a head start on AA progression. We also get a 0.1%ER on them. Well, this was waiting in the inbox today:
.Following the completion of an extended research project into the LifePath Funds’ investment methodology and asset allocation, BlackRock has decided to evolve the asset allocation across the funds, resulting in an increase in equity and equity-like allocations by varying amounts depending on each fund’s remaining timeframe. BlackRock’s research has found that higher equity and equity-like allocations during the accumulation years, and a modestly higher equity and equity-like allocation around and during retirement, may help better meet the LifePath Funds’ objective of focusing on participants’ preference for stable spending in retirement.

I am not pleased with having to dig in and make sure things still are on plan. Sorry for venting, but I don't like this type of change. There were a couple graphs and it looks like the equity allocation for me is going to increase several percent. Nothing like buying high.

Vent over, will adjust and get back to ignoring things.
investor1

Re: Changes to 401k target funds, BlackRock

Post by investor1 »

Just switch to a TD fund that is targeted earlier. Not that that avoids having to follow up on the change.
LAlearning

Re: Changes to 401k target funds, BlackRock

Post by LAlearning »

That's what he said...
I know nothing!