Need help with 403b bond fund

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
genjix

Need help with 403b bond fund

Post by genjix »

Hi All,

Its now to the point where I'm running out of space in my Vanguard account so I'll have to start reallocating future funds in my 403b
My 403b is currently 100% Equity Index fund, but now I'll have to start making it 80% equity index fund and 20% Bonds.
All my current bonds are in Vanguard which is 10% TIPS and 10% Total bond market.
Below are my choices, apologies in advance as Mass mutual dont seem to have ticker symbols so I've copy and pasted the "principle investment strategies" in hopes it gives some clearer information.
Please let me know if you need additional information, thanks in advance in helping me choose the wisest bond fund in the not so attractive choices given.

MML High Yield Fund
Total Annual Fund Operating Expenses
1.11%
Expense Reimbursement
(.17%)
Total Annual Fund Operating Expenses after Expense Reimbursement(1)
.94%
Principal Investment Strategies

The Fund invests primarily in lower rated U.S. debt securities (“junk” or “high yield” bonds), including securities in default. Debt securities may include, for example, corporate bonds, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities, and obligations of the U.S. government or its agencies or instrumentalities. Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in lower rated fixed income

MML Inflation-Protected and Income Fund
1.06%

Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in inflation-indexed bonds and other income-producing securities. Inflation-indexed bonds are instruments indexed or otherwise linked to general measures of inflation because their principal is typically adjusted to reflect general movements of inflation in the country of issue. The Fund may invest in inflation-indexed bonds of various maturities issued by the U.S. and non-U.S. governments or their agencies or instrumentalities, by government-sponsored enterprises, or by corporations.

The Fund may also invest in other income-producing securities of any kind (including, but not limited to, corporate bonds and notes, Rule 144A securities, U.S. and non-U.S. government and agency or instrumentality bonds, money market instruments, and mortgage-related and asset-backed securities). The Fund may enter into repurchase agreement transactions. The Fund may hold a portion of its assets in cash or cash equivalents. The Fund may invest up to 15% of its total assets in securities that are not denominated in U.S. dollars.

MML Managed Bond Fund
.65%

Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in investment grade fixed income securities (rated Baa or higher by Moody’s or BBB or higher by Standard & Poor’s or, if unrated, determined to be of comparable quality by the subadviser). These typically include U.S. dollar-denominated corporate obligations, securities issued or guaranteed by the U.S. Government or its agencies or instrumentalities, U.S. and foreign issuer dollar-denominated bonds including, but not limited to, corporate obligations, government and agency issues, private placement bonds, securities subject to resale pursuant to Rule 144A, mortgage-backed, and other asset-backed securities.

The Fund may invest up to 10% of its total assets in below investment grade debt securities (“junk” or “high yield” bonds), including securities in default, and including bank loans. In the event that a security is downgraded after its purchase by the Fund, the Fund may continue to hold the security if the Fund’s subadviser, Babson Capital Management LLC (“Babson Capital”), considers that doing so would be consistent with the Fund’s investment objective.

The Fund may invest up to 15% of its total assets in securities that are not denominated in U.S. dollars including, but not limited to, corporate obligations, government and agency issues, private placement

MML Short-Duration Bond Fund
.83%
Expense Reimbursement
(.03%)
Total Annual Fund Operating Expenses after Expense Reimbursement(1)
.80%

Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in investment grade fixed income securities (rated Baa or higher by Moody’s or BBB or higher by Standard & Poor’s or, if unrated, determined to be of comparable quality by the subadviser). These typically include U.S. dollar-
retiredjg

Re: Need help with 403b bond fund

Post by retiredjg »

genjix wrote:MML Managed Bond Fund
.65%
I think this is the best choice on that list.
Topic Author
genjix

Re: Need help with 403b bond fund

Post by genjix »

retiredjg wrote:
genjix wrote:MML Managed Bond Fund
.65%
I think this is the best choice on that list.
Thanks for the advice, appreciate the help