Retirement advice for self-employed

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.

Retirement advice for self-employed

Postby blanik235 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Not sure how to delete this.
Last edited by blanik235 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
blanik235

Re: Retirement advice for self-employed

Postby ruralavalon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Welcome to the forum :) .

blanik235 wrote:Hi, I hope someone here can help. I've read parts of books and many posts about investing and retirement, but most seem to be directed at employees who have pensions or matching 401Ks, etc.

I was effecively self-employed most of my working life, a part owner of a small LLC. No pension, never an employer match, paid for my own medical insurance. Now in the third year of retirement.

Will need more detail from you to be able to help, please see:
1. Investment Planning ;
2. Asking portfolio Questions ; and
3. Wiki article link: Getting Started .

You will probably find that just assembling the needed information will be educational in itself. Then please post the details in the format shown in #2 above. You can do that in this thread, just use the "edit" button to amend your original post.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started
ruralavalon

Return to Investing - Help with Personal Investments