AmericaNet, Everbank Money Market Accounts

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.

AmericaNet, Everbank Money Market Accounts

Postby db55 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for the best place to stash some cash that could be immediately available without a withdrawal penalty. I went to depositaccounts.com and found the following:

For the highest interest Money Market accounts, they list the following:

AmericaNet Bank, Evantage Bank, and Redneck Bank all providing Money Market accounts yielding 1.1% for balances up to $35K.
AmTrustDirect offers 1.05% for Money Market accounts up to $millions.

Does anyone have exprience with these banks?
Are these accounts FDIC insured?
Are these rates for real and relatively stable or are they a trick to get your money in and then the rates drop precipitously?
Or is there some other gotcha?

These rates are higher than the highest savings account rates. I'm trying to understand why.

Flagstar Bank and SmartyPig offer savings accounts with a 1.0% interest rate. Does anyone of experience using these banks? I have the same questions as above.

Also does anyone have any other recommendations besides Ally Bank (which I am already using heavily).

Thanks!

D-
db55

Re: AmericaNet, Everbank Money Market Accounts

Postby CaliJim » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:49 pm

I just stashed some cash at Barclay's Online Bank. Painless experience so far. .9%. Interfaces with Quicken. Responsive to customer service emails. Kind of a big reputable firm. FDIC insured.
-calijim- | | For more info, click this
CaliJim

Re: AmericaNet, Everbank Money Market Accounts

Postby ieee488 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:48 am

db55 wrote:AmTrustDirect offers 1.05% for Money Market accounts up to $millions.

I have an account with them. They are New York Community Bank as stated on their website.
ieee488

Return to Investing - Help with Personal Investments