Estimated Interest Rate G Gund July

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
antiqueman

Estimated Interest Rate G Gund July

Post by antiqueman »

Any experts on the G Fund out there? What is consensus on new G Fund rate starting July given backup in yields?
Ketawa

Re: Estimated Interest Rate G Gund July

Post by Ketawa »

It's typically about 80% of the 10-year Treasury rate. I don't know if it's based on a snapshot of 1 day at the end of the previous month, or the entire month, but I think it's just 1 day since it spiked up a lot for June and yields only rose at the end of May.

My guess would be 2.125%, maybe 2.00%.
Groundhog

Post by Groundhog »

Ketawa wrote:It's typically about 80% of the 10-year Treasury rate. I don't know if it's based on a snapshot of 1 day at the end of the previous month, or the entire month, but I think it's just 1 day since it spiked up a lot for June and yields only rose at the end of May.

My guess would be 2.125%, maybe 2.00%.
Good guess! The July rate is 2.125%, highest since Aug 2011 (2.25%).
Mingus

Post by Mingus »

Groundhog wrote:
Good guess! The July rate is 2.125%, highest since Aug 2011 (2.25%).
For the month of July alone??

If someone had 100K in the G fund, it would be paying 2,125 dollars in interest just for July?
Ketawa

Post by Ketawa »

2.125% is the annual rate, not monthly. $100k would gain about $175 in interest.
Default User BR

Post by Default User BR »

Mingus wrote:
Groundhog wrote: Good guess! The July rate is 2.125%, highest since Aug 2011 (2.25%).
If that were the case, then it really would be the only fund you'd need. As noted, G gets a new yearly rate calculated at the start of each month based on the weighted averages of the yields of Treasuries of duration longer than 4 years. Those have ticked up significantly the past couple of months.

Brian
Mingus

Post by Mingus »

Default User BR wrote:
Mingus wrote:
Groundhog wrote: Good guess! The July rate is 2.125%, highest since Aug 2011 (2.25%).
If that were the case, then it really would be the only fund you'd need. As noted, G gets a new yearly rate calculated at the start of each month based on the weighted averages of the yields of Treasuries of duration longer than 4 years. Those have ticked up significantly the past couple of months.

Brian
Yeah.. I figured that out about two seconds after I typed it. Would be pretty nice though.