CA IT Tax-Exempt distributions

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
drake.archer

CA IT Tax-Exempt distributions

Post by drake.archer »

I recently looked at the distribution for my CA IT Tax-Exempt fund, and noticed that I did not receive the expected dividend. I was hoping someone could give me some insight as to why this is.

I have about 3000 shares of the fund, and according to the most recent dividend of $0.03312 per share (I'm assuming that this is per share), I should have received about $100 (rounding up), but instead I received $77.

I looked at the Taxes and Income webpage and there was nothing indicated. The Tax withholding webpage also does not have information regarding a deduction.

What am I missing?
tfb

Re: CA IT Tax-Exempt distributions

Post by tfb »

drake.archer wrote:I have about 3000 shares of the fund, and according to the most recent dividend of $0.03312 per share (I'm assuming that this is per share), I should have received about $100 (rounding up), but instead I received $77.
Dividends accrue daily. Did you have all 3,000 shares since the 1st of the month? Shares purchased during the month will not get the dividends for the full month.
Harry Sit has left the forums.
Topic Author
drake.archer

Re: CA IT Tax-Exempt distributions

Post by drake.archer »

Oh ok, factoring that in the numbers make more sense.

Thanks!