Vanguard Personal Advisor

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.

Vanguard Personal Advisor

Postby coachz » Thu May 02, 2013 7:57 pm

Today Vanguard told me they have personal advisors for $300 for every $100,000. Are these guys going to provide advice far and above worth the fee ? Has anyone used them ?
coachz

Re: Vanguard Personal Advisor

Postby Boonedog » Thu May 02, 2013 8:26 pm

What amount are you transfering to them? I assume you are baseing that cost on portfolio management and not just a financial plan:
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/whatwe ... s/flagship

Last month I moved all my investment $'s ($400K) to Vanguard since I wasn't happy with my Advisor and wondered why I would pay her, or anyone for that matter, on how to invest my money since I have a pretty good grasp on what to invest in for my time horizon and what my risk I want to take.

They offered a free one time CFP consultation financial plan on what they think I should be invested in since I qualified for Voyager status. Wasn't very impressed with what they came up with since they did basically a 60/30/10 (TSM,TBM & TISM) and then called it a day.

I guess I was expecting a bit more, but then again I am a strategic investor versus a 3 or 4 fund kinda guy!

If you don't have the time or want to manage your own portfolio then maybe it would be worth the money to have them advise you.

Good luck!
Boonedog

Postby BolderBoy » Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Boonedog wrote:I guess I was expecting a bit more, but then again I am a strategic investor versus a 3 or 4 fund kinda guy!

What is "a strategic investor"? Sniff Sniff...
BolderBoy

Postby abuss368 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Vanguard's website is recommending the Three Fund Portfolio. In addition the Target Funds and Life Strategy are pretty much Three Fund Portfolio's.

But here comes the Total International Bond Fund. Just great..... :annoyed
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + REITs
abuss368

Postby coachz » Fri May 03, 2013 6:59 pm

my money is already there. they were just trying to sell me this service.
coachz

Return to Investing - Help with Personal Investments